No announcement yet.

PNW Picnic - SE Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Lord, the newer, "better" 24v cannot pace the gas consumption of a 12v turbo? :p

I get you though. I'm at the shop right now awaiting my buddy to come by so I can keep going on this stupid 30mm bolt. I also just realized that this tranny is from my old '90 325i... and probably has close to 250,000 miles with 30+ drift events and no rebuilds.

I'm pretty impressed only now a seal started going bad.
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Yea, I know. But that mileage was when I was driving with a 4.10. I am going to be trying my hardest to actually get to a dyno in the next week or so and see about improving my gas mileage and making some actual power, because I know I am down on power with just a street tuned spark map that I haven't exactly done much to.
      What's really shitty is my pilot bearing started making noise yesterday. This will be the second time I am going to have to pull the tranny (ugh). Last time it made this noise, the bearing actually came out the end of the crank. I'm going to order a new one in the next few days and throw it in this coming weekend. Granted, I didn't have a new one to throw in and it felt fine, so I just reseated the bearing and I haven't had a problem with it, until (of course) now.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Damn Jon, I'm kinda bummed for that...and everybody else that has bailed along the way but I guess there's always next year too. Erick, I hope you get that shit working!

See whoever get's there, there.

Comment

im in kansas right now. been driving since last night. im bummed people dipped out too.

Comment

sorry Elliot. wish i could have gone. drive safe buddy!
            NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
              It's $384 to fly from Miami to Seattle this week.
              What day flying out & what day returning? I might join you on that.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Elliot and I just grabbed our one and only hotel for this trip up. Got caught in some nasty electrical storms around 3am. Had us parked for a few hours as you couldnt see a thing.

Wanted to have a mini-mob rollin into pdx. Ah well. Next year fellas. Erick and TJ, get your flights booked kids!

SLC tomorrow and then PDX sometime on Tuesday.

I have a pass seat open at the moment from PDX up to the Picnic.
                sigpic

Comment

I better see you up here Erick... I may even let you ride in the backseat of my turbo car. :razz:
                  :: PNW Crew ::
                  '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post

It's $384 to fly from Miami to Seattle this week.
                    Cheaper than driving... pull the trigger.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

hey i hope u guys made it ok.

Comment

Well, we have almost made it coast to coast. We are a few hours from Portland.

The reason for wanting to leave St. Louis at 6pm was to avoid hitting the large storm systems passing the area on Monday. We actually ended up hitting 3 storms, and getting some pretty bad hail damage. Luckily, or unlucky, is that it was all on the metal and the glass stayed intact.

Getting our e30s ready for the picnic in PDX the next 3 days.

Savannah Georgia to Portland Oregon with one hotel, 5 traffic halting storms and many bugs killed in one e30, and in less than 72 hours =)

So what do we get for furthest traveled? =)
                        sigpic

Comment

lol sorry bout the damage. but i hope everything works out. oh tell elliot i want to see some pics of the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartge_H27 View Post
                            lol sorry bout the damage. but i hope everything works out. oh tell elliot i want to see some pics of the damage.
                            no, its lame, there are like a million tiny dents all over my front end.

im going to a body shop tomorrow to see how many i can get pulled before this weekend.

curt ill call you tomorrow, both my rear tires are on cords so i have to find some tomorrow aswell.

thanks again curt, you know i owe you a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post

So what do we get for furthest traveled? =)
                              A reacharound from Matthew Mayhem.

Comment

Lucky bastards.

Comment

Working...
                                X