No announcement yet.

PNW E30 picnic (now THIS is 56k death!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like you guys who were following the M1 had a good time.. I tried to catch up for a while but gave up as I never saw it until you guys were going the other way! still had some fun in the twisties though with an M3 in front of me and a 318is behind me. we should have done like last year and blocked the road so stupid slow audi's couldn't get in the middle of our groups..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I never even saw the M1. They definitely should have blocked the road off. It was really confusing because getting onto the highway there were people getting on the highway going North AND South. Luckily I picked the correct route, but I was left at the end of the pack (go figure in my M10 lol). But two M3s and I were stuck behind a slow ass Olds or something for most of the way down the two lane road.

But overall, the picnic was AWESOME!
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Awesome E30 Meet, Very Busy weekend, and I am still not caught up on the 6 total hours of sleep I have gotten in the last 72 hours...Yawn.

And as Matt said earlier, not a great weekend for E30's, at least on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
          But two M3s and I were stuck behind a slow ass Olds or something for most of the way down the two lane road.
          yes, that part sucked.. Too bad we couldn't get the group all together at the falls (or near it)
          Chris
          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer
            But two M3s and I were stuck behind a slow ass Olds or something for most of the way down the two lane road.
            yes, that part sucked.. Too bad we couldn't get the group all together at the falls (or near it)
            Ha, after looking at your pictures I noticed that I was behind you in the drive. We were both following the red M3 with the Dinan badge.

Comment

yup, and there were still cars even behind you (the group Mike Swale was in front of) they got delayed back at the park by some lady who called the cops to ticket everyone who was "illegally" parked.. i'm sure he'll tell the story ;)
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

There's some nice pics, and some nice cars from that meet. I would have LOVED to have brought my ride to the meet...it's just too damn far!!!

-gsbadbmr

Comment

I believe the owner of the E36 is the same guy that showed up last year with the Reiger 318.
                  FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

yeah.. his E30 got broken into, the thieves tried to hotwire it by connecting random wires under the dash. his electronics are fucked..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by rayz
                      I believe the owner of the E36 is the same guy that showed up last year with the Reiger 318.
                      Say, were you in Tacoma last night around 9pm? on 74th?

Comment

M10s kickass for road trips

I started in Portland, OR with a full tank of gas, drove to Bellevue, went on the picnic drive, then headed back to Portland. I had to refill my car just north of Vancouver. I had 385 miles on the trip odometer and it took 11.0 gallons to fill the tank. I'll let you do the math. :D :pimp:

Comment

heh and I was pretty happy with the 23mpg I got on my last tank :P
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Re: M10s kickass for road trips

I started in Portland, OR with a full tank of gas, drove to Bellevue, went on the picnic drive, then headed back to Portland. I had to refill my car just north of Vancouver. I had 385 miles on the trip odometer and it took 11.0 gallons to fill the tank. I'll let you do the math. :D :pimp:

[Peter Griffen] You Bastard [/Peter Griffen]

:D

Comment

That's actually not the best milage I've ever gotten on a tank either. About a year ago I averaged 37mpg on a tank. I probably got more because I was running 5w30 then instead of the 20w50 I'm running now.

Stay tuned for my pictures. I've got about 30 or so on my camera; but I need to get it back from Joe Funk first (which I'll do soon).

Comment

I've got 70+ pics, they should be up a little later, go to resize them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X