E30 Tech Day Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahah oh wow...
    nice seeing ya guys again. I liked the 2 day event.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      What could be better: Booklets on how to get into racing such as PRO3 or SpecE30? I had a hard time retaining all the info because it was kinda thrown at me.
      Danny, PRO-3 only races in the PacNW. SpecE30 races in NASA (sanctioning body) in California. Check out www.SpecE30.com for info about SpecE30. They have a message board, with regions for discussion. If you wanted to build a SpecE30 car it would be good to track down an owner of one to get guidance from them. Even better to go to one of their races and meet a number of owners.

SpecE30 specs a specific suspension for the cars. PRO-3 allows any suspension, though does not allow remote reservoir shocks. That is one of the biggest differences between the two classes.
      Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
      www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Tech session COULD start earlier...don't know how the central oregon guys feel about that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
          Yea, a session on all the electrical PITA things that will go bad. i.e. power antanea, window switches, etc. Maybe have a door opened up to show how to replace a power window motor?

Maybe an E30 101 anatomy session where someone just points at everything and explains what it all does. Have the trunk lining out, the panels under the dash out, to point at all that stuff.

x2

+ Hire some honeys, KY JELLY WRESTLING MATCH, in a blow-up pool with pictures of E30s on it.

The End

Comment

Want to do a basic alarm/keyless entry install session? Troubleshooting on central locking/windows/basic electrical? I am 100% up for whatever, you know I love to talk/teach.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

^+1 on that, let Luke do some shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney54 View Post
                x2

+ Hire some honeys, KY JELLY WRESTLING MATCH, in a blow-up pool with pictures of E30s on it.

The End
                My favorite new member right here..
                Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Sounds like you guys are on the right track.

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                  I'm a slut for e30 parts. Just don't make me deepthroat a dipstick, oil isn't good for your intestines.
                  I nearly spit coffee at my screen you sob.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

we need something like this in the midwest bad, nice job guys!

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                    HSAX Instructor

Comment

I really anjoyed the sessions... we got there a bit late, but it was nice. The day at Griot's was like a low-pressure version of the already laid-back picnic. I would whole-heartedly vote for a repeat next year!

Oh and Derek, thanks again! ;)

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                      HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                      **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

had tons of fun, even my g.f wants a e30 now, and she (outright)owns a 2005 honda.

the Griot's pre event was awesome, i forgot to wash my car (as we all know), and next year (permitting another Griots Gathering) we should keep the t.belt (b/c so few actually do it, hell, ive done mine 3 times (1 from broken headbolt/rebuild, and another from stupid belt noise paranoia ).

and now, im on my 2nd (oem) h20pump that leaks from the spindle...wtf. did i overtighten? next year, i will lean in on the h2o part.

well, all in all, great turbo and racing tips, now i need to focus on saving money for them.
                        3 pedal club
                        200,k+ club
                        cabrio club
                        port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Have you guys decided which topics you're going to cover this year?

If you end up doing another brake session, I should have a full set of new calipers, rotors, pads, SS lines by then if you want to use my car for the demonstration. Just let me know.
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                          X