Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ! Need Scandinavian E30 Wiring Diagram for cars with daytime running lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ! Need Scandinavian E30 Wiring Diagram for cars with daytime running lights.

The light circuits in Scandinavian cars are completely different to German, U.S and U.K cars. Besides having a different light switch and wiring harness there are 3 additional relays and an inline diode. My diode shorted out causing all the wires in the harness to burn out. No idea how to repair without a wiring diagram. All the diagrams I've found on line are for U.S cars

the only links i have for euro etm's are all broken now or no longer hosted. you will likely have more luck in a european forum. there are manuals that pop up for sale from time to time. some folk have converted from the euro fuse box and harness to north american as well. i'm pretty sure the only difference is the daytime running lights.

edit : drl's were mandatory in canada from about 1990 forward depending on build date. you might be able to match up a wiring diagram from a 90 or 91 etm as they were sold here.

Last edited by 82eye; 09-17-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Yep, echoing searching for Canadian DRL wiring, can't imagine why it would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Yep, echoing searching for Canadian DRL wiring, can't imagine why it would be different.
        we got projectors, not smilies. i think it makes a difference on a diode and the wiring pigtails. to solve for that part i'd look at how a projector to smilie upgrade wires in. if it's got projectors i'd assume it's the same.

Comment

Working...
        X