For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlesDickens View Post
    Hey Michigan / UP guys... did any of you catch the Lake Superior Performance Rally in Houghton? I drove my IX up to the race, and there were a few other e30s there, even a 90' 325i in the race. Stories/Pics?
    Shit I didn't see this post.

I was there Crewing for Mike Merbach and Ben Slocum (the co-driver of Caswell's WRC Mexico). I talked to the brothers that ran the 325i, pretty cool guys. Told me to give them a call when I graduate, and need a job!

Comment

so... how's everybody in michigan doing so far this summer?
      My Feedback

Comment

I'm doing good. Collecting supplies to repair rust and paint parts of my car.

Also waiting for Alpine4dr to get his car on the road before I TRY and organize a meet
        '87 5-speed 325is
        The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
        Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
        Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

Come to this, we need more e30's...

Comment

Do you know what this weekend is?

RED BUDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I believe it is the first weekend of every month. I was at the first few, but I rarely have time to go anymore. You can find it on facebook, just search cars and coffee.
              '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Autocross at GVSU this weekend. $20 a day if you register online, $5 discount if you run both days. Look up Furrin Sports Car Club on myautoevents.com to register.

Comment

I purchased a really nice 325 about a month and a half ago and would love to connect with other owners! I'm in Dearborn. Anyone else live around here?

Also, are you guys members of the Motor City chapter of the BMWCCA? They meet pretty frequently in Royal Oak. Perhaps we could organize an E30 splinter cell?

Comment

I'm in Southfield. There are some other guys around but it is not the easiest to get them involved.

If you want to start a regular meet I'm down. You can use the map I made to see where everyone is and get a hold of people.
                    '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
                      Autocross at GVSU this weekend. $20 a day if you register online, $5 discount if you run both days. Look up Furrin Sports Car Club on myautoevents.com to register.
                      damnit i could have easily gone to that, i live like 20 minutes away and used to study there! Are there going to be any other events?
                      My Feedback

Comment

The Furrin Group is an automotive club in West Michigan. This site has our event results, learn about our club and events, and other event info.

Great group to race with or just hang out. I have driven several members cars (very rare for a 18 year old kid just starting racing) including a really nice original Cooper S. They host events from Muskegon to GR to Kalamazoo to Lansing. The next event is August at MSU. No need for SCCA membership and they are always cheaper than the big regions.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
                          http://www.furrin.org/

Great group to race with or just hang out. I have driven several members cars (very rare for a 18 year old kid just starting racing) including a really nice original Cooper S. They host events from Muskegon to GR to Kalamazoo to Lansing. The next event is August at MSU. No need for SCCA membership and they are always cheaper than the big regions.
                          i'll definitely try to make it to that one. I've got two e30's i can bring now for my bro and me.
                          My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
                            I'm in Southfield. There are some other guys around but it is not the easiest to get them involved.

If you want to start a regular meet I'm down. You can use the map I made to see where everyone is and get a hold of people.

How does one add themselves (or get added) to this map? Cool idea, and I'd be up for meeting up with other E30 drivers from around here.

NigelStu - Commerce MI

AND, if anyone is interested in some sort of a meet-up, Waterford Hills has a road race this weekend (Aug 27-28). I'll be there (in my spec miata, but still there). I know I've seen a few E30s in the parking area before, so come on back out!
                            Ben
                            Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
                            April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
                            May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
                            October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
                            October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
                            Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by NigelStu View Post
                              How does one add themselves (or get added) to this map? Cool idea, and I'd be up for meeting up with other E30 drivers from around here.

NigelStu - Commerce MI

AND, if anyone is interested in some sort of a meet-up, Waterford Hills has a road race this weekend (Aug 27-28). I'll be there (in my spec miata, but still there). I know I've seen a few E30s in the parking area before, so come on back out!
                              Simply mention it to me and you will be added. I have now added you NigelStu.

Thanks for the heads up but I am busy this weekend.
                              '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

I am localish, live in Bloomfield Hills, work in Northville and I am in grad school at Oakland. Daily Driver is a Sprint Blue B7 S4, wife DD's a 2004.5 S40 T5. I just bought my 89 325i vert with a bad timing belt, 3 bent valves and a broken rocker. This was bought to replace our 69 triumph I sold a few months ago. Pulled the head yesterday and I am working on locating a nice rebuilt or pulled unit on the cheap, local would be great to avoid shipping a heavy chunk of metal. I ordered up the full head gasket set and timing setup last night. Would be great to get this thing together before the snow flies just so I know it is ready to go come spring.
                                2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Working...
                                X