Interest in western MD DIY weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in western MD DIY weekend?

Meet date set for May 30th, Time frame between 10-4 but I should be available all day, there should even be a car show in hagerstown later in the evening (mostly muscle cars, but I try to bring some german style to the show). PM me is you are coming and havent got my address or directions.

Was thinking of setting up a do it yourself weekend for those interested in getting some spring modding or maintainence done. Would be in western maryland for anyone local or who would like to make the drive. Probably try to set something up end or may. Would be much like the meet at Jeff's in Annapolis for those who were there.

I have plenty of room for quite a few cars, can get 2 cars in the garage at a time and enough in the driveway to get stuff done as well. We have a press for front control arm bushings or trailing arms, spring compressors for suspension work, air compressor, parts cleaner and plenty or tools.
    Last edited by EtaSport; 05-22-2009, 02:01 PM.
    Old and improved:

so kind of you to offer. Guys if you are local and didnt go do a DIY with us before, these are great events. Great way to meet people and work on the cars.

I can try to come if school and work doesnt interfere.

Comment

end of may would work for me, but really only the last weekend since the 22nd is graduation. I'd definitely be down though.
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

I wouldn't mind coming down and lending a hand. Although there is a car show/cruise up here at the end of May that i never miss. I think it's on the 23rd or 24th though.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Awesome, etasport I had already talked to you about getting some help with my e36 rack. This seems like a perfect time for it. Decide on a date so I can take off work though =p

Also, do you have or know anyone with a fender roller?
          Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

I am down for this... although I have no current pending projects, I could probably order up some M3 offset CABs since I've been wanting to do this for some time now.

Just a heads up, I will be out of town on business from May 4 - 23. So if it is anytime before or after that'd work out best for me, or I could just wait for the next one to roll through.

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
            Also, do you have or know anyone with a fender roller?
            I just ordered one the other day... so I should have it by the end of this week. I was going to shoot for the Eastwood or the MAX fender rollers, but figured I would try out the Harbor Freight one first, since it is ridiculously more affordable. The design looked similar enough, I couldn't see it being a bad thing.
            Last edited by silversleeper; 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM.
            Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

How much did you pay for that fender roller?
              I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
              2875-C Towerview Road
              Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I have a stance fender roller. cost $300 and i have yet to actually use it.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                  how much did you pay for that fender roller?
                  $80
                  Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

What?! where at? I need to buy one, my friend just got rid of his.
                    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                    2875-C Towerview Road
                    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

So would may 30-31th work for most people? I might set that as the tentative date. Fender roller would be nice to have, I have to get some more rubber under the e30 as the current azenis 205s cant grab anything the s50 puts out.
                      Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                        What?! where at? I need to buy one, my friend just got rid of his.
                        Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
                        So would may 30-31th work for most people? I might set that as the tentative date. Fender roller would be nice to have, I have to get some more rubber under the e30 as the current azenis 205s cant grab anything the s50 puts out.
                        Well I'll be bringing this $80 fender roller along with me, so we can all roll and pull our fenders. If it doesn't work out as anticipated, then I'll order an Eastwood and bring it to the next meet.

And yes, the end of May would work great for me.
                        Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

May 30-31 sounds like a good date. I don't have anything going on that weekend.
                          stephenbrody.com

Comment

Okay, date is tentatively set for May 30-31st weekend. Location is 15 minutes west of Hagerstown MD, zip 21722 for those wondering about how long you'll be driving. You can list yourself in attendance below and possibly what you would like done, or if you're just coming to hang out and help. I live up in the hills, so we can have a real nice ride and drive when we're not working, so lets make it happen.

1) etasport- hosting event/garage/tools/bmw expertise
                            Old and improved:

Comment

1) etasport- hosting event/garage/tools/bmw expertise
                              2) Brody - extra tools, lots of stuff that needs to be done on my car.
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X