Junkyard Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedblind View Post
    I'm planning on hitting some junk yards this Sunday AM...can't do Sat. Last weekend there wasn't much at Hawkins or Jessup. Might try one of the other locations.
    when I use to go regularly, one day there will be nothing, the next day there wil lbe 6 cars. They are shuffling cars all day long. Esp in the jessup one. The one in Hawkins seems more static and I'll see cars thats there for like 3 month and never moved. In Jessup, at least in my experience, its a hit or miss from day to day. just my own thoughts.

Comment

I'll be joining you guys at Jessup tomorrow

Powered By Ford

Comment

I'm sure this is pretty obvious, but byot.

Comment

I'm heading out in a couple of minutes...

Yun. I can't use your tools? :)
          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
          2875-C Towerview Road
          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
            I'm heading out in a couple of minutes...

Yun. I can't use your tools? :)
            nah man, i jsut dont want moochers showing up and i'm hauling the tools while they walk around taking shit using my stuff. thats aint cool. haha

Comment

hawkins point is pretty much dry. same cars been there for a month. laurel has 3 e30's, 2 e28's reletively unpicked through.

also, a couple e36's including one with the whole front suspension off just waiting for the rack to be grabbed.

Comment

Leon's Auto Parts on Rt29 on the Culpeper/Madison county lines:
                Well they have 2 e30s, 3 e28s, and a 2002. The guy there doesnt know anything about what stuff is worth and just assumes he knows the price and shouldnt have to haggle. He'll say "it costs me $10k a year in property taxes and i only got $40 yesterday". Anyway, i bought a side marker for $15 and a minty fuse box cover for $3. Only go there if you have to or want to try to keep a d-bag in business.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerpirate View Post
                  hawkins point is pretty much dry. same cars been there for a month. laurel has 3 e30's, 2 e28's reletively unpicked through.

also, a couple e36's including one with the whole front suspension off just waiting for the rack to be grabbed.
                  I haven't been the H-P yard in two months. Are they pretty picked over?

I might check out the Rt. 1 yard tomorrow, but I'll need to pick up insulated coveralls at a friend's place first. Any heads-up on what cars are there?

I'm looking for
                  Rear deck lid with spoiler, Alpine Whit #146
                  an early-style white rear panel, tail-light to tail-lights in good shape
                  passenger side window motor and cable track.

Comment

hp is really picked over. only a broznit 84 and a facelift vert. all pretty much stripped of anything good.

rt1 has only DB e30s but not very picked over yet. no rear decklid spoilers. no white e30's either.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerpirate View Post
                      hp is really picked over. only a broznit 84 and a facelift vert. all pretty much stripped of anything good.

rt1 has only DB e30s but not very picked over yet. no rear decklid spoilers. no white e30's either.
                      Thanks for the heads-up!

Mine is a 87 so I need a DB donor for the tube-style window regulator.

I'll probably hit the Rt 1 yard sometime this week. I took off the panel over the sun visors yesterday and found that the fiberboard surrounding the mirror mount and check panel was cracked and missing chunks. Yet another part to look for... unless some nearby has a parts car handy.

Comment

do you have a manual or electric sunroof? I'm trying to remember which i saw were there. off-hand, i think one was a manual and intact.

Comment

Jeff an I went to Jessup today, hit a HUGE score, I'm putting up a thread in general discussion, I'll link it in a bit. There were only 2 e30s but 4-5 e36's 2 e32s (740s) and an e39 540. Plenty of racks available for swaps, when it's drier I'm definitely gonna be picking one up for the future e30. Also there were 2 m52 engines, relatively complete.
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159935
                          Last edited by TexasTerp; 01-24-2010, 11:48 AM.
                          stephenbrody.com

Comment

Thanks for calling SLUT!
                            I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Delta Auto Care
                            2875-C Towerview Road
                            Herndon, VA

Comment

Welcome bitch. Not like you answer when called anyway.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

hahahahah

Delta Auto Care
                                2875-C Towerview Road
                                Herndon, VA

Comment

Working...
                                X