Weekly Meet in College Park Starbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Stein rules.

I'm heading out of town this weekend. Enjoy the meet Yall.

Comment

ill be there next week. cars almost all put back together
      m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
      build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Well, it has been way too long since I had a Friday off. Cabrio has me working every Friday. Problem #2 is that neither of my sweet rides r operational. I have been working way too much and midnights at that. The black beauty almost survived a trip to Pittsburgh and back. Started misfiring on rt 70 near hagarstown. The yacht club vert needs the rear shock mount bushings replaced. Have the parts for both just way busy and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
        sigpicI'm playing the rest of this game under protest!!

Comment

Once school starts for me I will be able to come. I am going to UMBC and will be a lot closer.
          sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
          Build Thread:
          Current ongoing build. Check it out!
          1991 318is 4dr rallycross
          Rallycross Build Thread.
          1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Are these meets still happening? Just got myself into my first e30 and actually live around the area
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome!

The meets happen every single week, rain or shine. This week is a rare week where we'll be meeting somewhere else other than the Starbucks on Cherry Hill Road.

I haven't made the official announcement yet, but we'll be having a bbq at my house in Bethesda. We'll hang out and work on my e30's engine (hopefully have it running that night!).

EDIT: Now it's official http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show....php?p=3312578
              Last edited by TexasTerp; 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM.
              stephenbrody.com

Comment

good timing. I'll see if I can make it out there this Friday and if not definitely in the next few weeks. Whats the story on your engine?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                  good timing. I'll see if I can make it out there this Friday and if not definitely in the next few weeks. Whats the story on your engine?
                  I picked up the car in Delaware a little over a week ago. Turns out there was a lot more wrong with it than I expected. Faulty fuel injectors, bad TPS, bad CPS, bad afm, runs super rich....the list goes on.

I have a lot to do on it, but it's coming along. I'm doing the full I swap this week, it should be mostly done by Thursday and I can spend most of the day Friday working on it.
                  stephenbrody.com

Comment

sorry to hear about the rough start but it sounds like you've got some good progress made. definitely want to see it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                      I picked up the car in Delaware a little over a week ago. Turns out there was a lot more wrong with it than I expected. Faulty fuel injectors, bad TPS, bad CPS, bad afm, runs super rich....the list goes on.
                      oh, you mean it's a $2000 e30?

what did you expect? lol.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

Need like button.....
                        84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

Well, this is like what? my first post in 2 years? hahaha

Its always wise to spend the extra grand on something that is in better condition. Cause you will always spend more trying to fix it. The money bleeding out fixing it, is always invisible, because you "have to do it". Going cheap always cost more in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                            Well, this is like what? my first post in 2 years? hahaha

Its always wise to spend the extra grand on something that is in better condition. Cause you will always spend more trying to fix it. The money bleeding out fixing it, is always invisible, because you "have to do it". Going cheap always cost more in the end.
                            Given that I was going to do the top end swap regardless of running condition, I'm spending much less than if I had bought a $3000 car. Yun's argument is only valid if I was going to keep the engine stock. Granted he knows that already, we've had this discussion many times since I bought the car.

Also, most of my frustration comes from the fact that the seller grossly misrepresented the car. Add to that equation other cars in the area were not much better at the $3000 price point and I didn't really leave myself with many options.

That being said, Yun I need to borrow your torque wrench. :D
                            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Also, most of my frustration comes from the fact that the seller grossly misrepresented the car.

Lol no one would purchase a vehicle from CL if the ad informed you of the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by go_topless View Post
                                Lol no one would purchase a vehicle from CL if the ad informed you of the truth.

:up:

Given that I was going to do the top end swap regardless of running condition, I'm spending much less than if I had bought a $3000 car. Yun's argument is only valid if I was going to keep the engine stock. Granted he knows that already, we've had this discussion many times since I bought the car.
                                Not true on a few fronts. 1.) your intention to build a turbo for the car could mean that you should buy a running car in good condition, now that when you decide to turbo with the compression numbers you have found, you are likely going to rebuild anotehr engine, which makes the swap a moot point. 2.) a 3000 dollar e30 can be found in rust free, and mechanical bug free condition. I'm certain given the first vehicle I have pass along to Jeff 3 a year ago is proof enough that a great condition car for around 3 grand can be had. 3.) for any vehicle there is a the base number, car or motorcycle or trucks, below the base number you will likely get something that would cost you more. I think for e30s it is around 3k if you want a decent driver; give or take a few hundred.

That being said, Yun I need to borrow your torque wrench. :D
                                You know I dont lend out my tools. :down:

Comment

Working...
                                X