No announcement yet.

Planning a Spring 2010 Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I would love to try and get a piece of a runway down here in So. MD, but then you guys would have to drive all the way down here. I think it would be worth it, but that's easy for me to say, as it's in my backyard.
    Plenty of local twisties AND a dragstrip. You could do EVERYTHING here in a weekend.

Let me call anyways, and see what the base would say.
    Slicktop City!

Comment

why not? if you get a quote, we can see how many people actually would be down to do that and how many would puss out :)
      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
      2875-C Towerview Road
      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

im going to hit up capitol raceway one of these march weekends, it opens next week. i want to get a baseline for the e30 in terms of horsepower so i can see the difference of future mods. yes i know its not anywhere close to what a dyno is, but its $20, and its fun. and we'll be using dynolicious too (iphone app) so we should be getting pretty accurate numbers from that.

i think it would be fun to go there with a bunch of old bmws. haha.

my best friend (davenandez on here, 91 325is) and i will definitely be hitting it up sometime in the coming weeks. let me know if you want to come too. we'll probably get there 30 minutes before tech starts. that way you can get 5 runs in and leave before the big crowds come.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

that'd be fun, but i'm not one for drag racing... i'll go to watch though :)
          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Delta Auto Care
          2875-C Towerview Road
          Herndon, VA

Comment

this would be my opinion on drag racing

probably one of the more boring car activities, next to driving on the highway.

Comment

sooooo your saying you have a slow car.. lol jk. i like drag racing just so i can get an idea of what my car runs vs other cars. its an easy way to determine how fast a car is other than hp/tq. it gets boring after a couple passes though, and its really tough on your car.

as far as the meet goes, i really miss the socal mega meets. its nice to have more than 10 cars come out. if the meet is planned in advance on a day most people agree on, it would be nice to caravan to a central location and have a bunch of cars.

Comment

I have an eta. duh?

Comment

I would love to go to a runway. Flat out for a ways! Str8 street racing gangsta shit. Actually it would be cool to set up cones and try to drift. I'd prolly pay up to $200 to do that.

I'll be going to the drags sometime this spring. Gotta see what this s50 will do. I'm guessing 12's.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerpirate View Post
                    and i completely agree with that. but it gives you a baseline and its cheaper than a dyno. i dont think its boring though. but im also not one to go to the drag strip every weekend. or every month. but every once in a while, why not? if anything you can practice your autox launches. haha.

i think variety is the spice of life.

i'd like to see that s50 tear it up.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

not a base line if the driver sucks lol.

Delta Auto Care
                      2875-C Towerview Road
                      Herndon, VA

Comment

^ +1

I like autocrossing because that's probably the only place my eta will be able to beat an M coupe (which i have) otherwise, it's just my eta getting raped on the drag. not so much fun.

Comment

so lets go get an airstrip so we can fuck around on that! lol.

Delta Auto Care
                          2875-C Towerview Road
                          Herndon, VA

Comment

+1 runway
                            -1 drag strip
                            Ever think about doing a driver's school instead of autox? They are real fun plus they teach you how to really drive.
                            all you need is a car that would pass tech, and helmet. there are certain sign up dates for these schools...

one is coming up soon to sign up for Summit Point Main Circuit two days long (sat and Sun)
                            then there are two more sched one on the Jefferson Circuit and one on the Shenandoah. all two day events. its with the Bmwcca. great people.
                            ill definitely be at each event both days!
                            My Ultimate Klasse Feature!!
                            http://ultimateklasse.com/blog/2013/...rahamis-e30-m3

Comment

Hey guys, still checking on a piece of runway...

But this isn't going to be Top Gear, mmmkay? Notice I said PIECE of runway, like one end. Big enough for an autocross course, but no max speed runs.
                              It's on base, so even if I get permission, EVERYTHING will have to be ON LOCK.
                              It's a big production, it's not just going to be thrown together.
                              Slicktop City!

Comment

I think you all should come out to my place in western MD, peace, quiet, lack of law enforcement, lack of traffic, and no shortage of good roads. But thats just me cause whenever there is something going on I always have to drive way out of the way.
                                Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                                X