Nova Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nova Inspection

I had read through a nova thread a few weeks ago about somebody who knows someone who does inspections around here. I'd go to any ole place but, I'm nervous of a few things..
    1- my reverse lights work sometimes and don't other times. Lately they haven't been working..

2- I have a 3 inch crack on my windshield up by the mirror. You can't really even see it while in the car. Not sure how the va laws are about this.

3- This is the only problem I'm looking to fix but, I only have till thursday for my temporary inspection to expire. My left blinkers blink at a fast rate as if there is a bulb out except there is no bulb out. When in the emergency flasher mode they blink at the correct rate though. Any suggestions as where to start looking for problems? I should probably put this in a general technical..

Thanks in advance.. -Dan

also, I'm going to try and make it to a few of the college park meets or the fairfax ones since I live in fairfax. I'm debating of moving to an e39 but, I've said that for the past 5 years so.. I'll surely post up tons of info and pictures if I do decide to sell on here first.

1)as for the reverse lights, if its a manual transmission: get under the car--> find the reverse switch on the tranny--> remove it and sand the corrosion/tarnish off the copper prongs--> replace it. if that doesnt work just replace the switch (its real cheep) blunttech.com.

2)if you can find a windshield, replacing it on your own is pretty simple.

3) maybe a bad relay?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      1)as for the reverse lights, if its a manual transmission: get under the car--> find the reverse switch on the tranny--> remove it and sand the corrosion/tarnish off the copper prongs--> replace it. if that doesnt work just replace the switch (its real cheep) blunttech.com.

2)if you can find a windshield, replacing it on your own is pretty simple.

3) maybe a bad relay?

agree with all

#3, come out to the meets and meet some of the people and ask for some help. People will bring parts and diagnose your problem. Make it easy for yourself, there are plenty of good people that are regulars that be happy to help.

Comment

follow wires, receive bacon.

If you're near fairfax, you can come by and I'll take a look at it. I have a bunch of E30s lying around to swap parts in and out of to check things out (sadly...)

Comment

thanks guys. I'll be messing around with it this weekend. Haven't had a free minute with work the past few days..

Comment

i'll put money on the blinkers blinking fast because of a bulb that is going bad.
            I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
            2875-C Towerview Road
            Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by dgspikes View Post
              I had read through a nova thread a few weeks ago about somebody who knows someone who does inspections around here......
              that would be me. what area are you in? i have a guy that can do a "quickcheckover" inspection in arlington. pm sent

Comment

Dude, where have you been man?
                I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                2875-C Towerview Road
                Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

nissan training lol + my car has been in the body shop last couple weeks so no meets

Comment

sorry to thread jack. me and the misses are moving to fairfax- i recently performed a plastic bumper swap w/ euro rub strip (no side amber/red lamps). is this a biggie?

Comment

Working...
                    X