BMW Shop in Mid-Atlantic Area??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Shop in Mid-Atlantic Area??

I'm looking for a reputable shop to get some work on the E30, anybody know anything good in the Baltimore or even Philly Area?? I'm in mid Delaware so I'm willing to drive a bit for some good work.
    1990 S50 goodness.

What are you looking for? Sarli motorsports is near baltimore

Comment

Specifically a lsd install and rear wheel bearing install.
      1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

mid delaware? try racewerks in virginia beach

edit: maybe a 3 - 4 hour drive, probably less
        Last edited by drumad; 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM.
        2008 335i - n54b30
        1991 318i - m52b28
        1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I'll vouch for both places.
          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
          2875-C Towerview Road
          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

anyone ever heard of euro werks in md?
            i saw a guy wearing a shirt in my class on a couple of occasions.
            sounds like a nice shop lol

Comment

there is Einsteins in college park. good bmw only shop. my brother works there.

but to the point, you really cant fuck up a lsd install. you could do it yourself in an hour or two. its just a PITA because they weigh 65lbs. never done a wheel bearing. cant comment on that.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

rear bearing is a piece of cake. You need a 3 jaw puller, the proper size washer stack wtih a long threaded rod, and it can be done in less than 2 hours, maybe even less if you have an impact. Its very straight forward.

I would just do all these by urself, you need minimum tools as well.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                  rear bearing is a piece of cake. You need a 3 jaw puller, the proper size washer stack wtih a long threaded rod, and it can be done in less than 2 hours, maybe even less if you have an impact. Its very straight forward.

I would just do all these by urself, you need minimum tools as well.
                  until the outer race gets all cockeyed and is a PITA to take out all while the inner race is seized to the hub

ask me how I know.

(I gotta take my TAs and hubs to get everything properly pressed out now)
                  2008 335i - n54b30
                  1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
                    until the outer race gets all cockeyed and is a PITA to take out all while the inner race is seized to the hub

ask me how I know.

(I gotta take my TAs and hubs to get everything properly pressed out now)

if it is really siezed, then you need to get some replacement TA. I think siezing is unlikely. They are in there tight, you need to use proper tool or proper make shift tool to pull them out with an impact gun. No hand tool or bad makeshift tool will work.

Comment

I used a fwd bearing removal kit. The one with spacers and a bolt thru the middle which you tighten to pull out.

The hubs are out. Inner race is just still fit on them. To remove the hub I just deadblowed it till it popped out the bearing. The inner race stayed on tho :(. I read in a DIY that I can use a cutoff wheel to get the inner race off the hub but I can't hit the hub or itll turn to scrap. I started going at it with a cutoff but I realized I'm not going to risk losing this hub.

I just need a press and all will be well.
                      2008 335i - n54b30
                      1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
                        I used a fwd bearing removal kit. The one with spacers and a bolt thru the middle which you tighten to pull out.

The hubs are out. Inner race is just still fit on them. To remove the hub I just deadblowed it till it popped out the bearing. The inner race stayed on tho :(. I read in a DIY that I can use a cutoff wheel to get the inner race off the hub but I can't hit the hub or itll turn to scrap. I started going at it with a cutoff but I realized I'm not going to risk losing this hub.

I just need a press and all will be well.

dremel the groove in teh race, bolt the hub back onto the a wheel. put a socket or metal place the size of the opening but not bigger than the race, put the 3 jaw puller on there, and pull the race off. I did it couple times this way with zero problems.

Comment

I was going to do this

but I think I'm just going to take it to the shop, I'm getting lazy :P.
                          2008 335i - n54b30
                          1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Working...
                          X