• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone with a camera and photography skills

I would like my car photographed like this:

Anyone in the area up for the task?
    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

yes. i have 3 options for you.

me. i'll charge you $50. i have a great camera (nikon d60) and decent photography skills. however, i do not have remote IR flashes like a professional photographer does. im a graphic designer, but i do fall under the general "artist."

my friend daniel merino. he is an excellent photographer who took pictures of my rx8. he is a professional photographer, so expect at least $200.

let me know if this link works for you. and facebook just absolutely trashes photos, unfortunately my drive with all the high res photos from this shoot is not plugged in right now.

and anthony mair, im just throwing this one out here. im acquainted with him over the rx8 forums and he is just downright incredible. shooting cars is his specialty. however he is located in las vegas, so you'd have to fly him out here. and he'd probably charge about a grand.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      yes. i have 3 options for you.

me. i'll charge you $50. i have a great camera (nikon d60) and decent photography skills. however, i do not have remote IR flashes like a professional photographer does. im a graphic designer, but i do fall under the general "artist."

my friend daniel merino. he is an excellent photographer who took pictures of my rx8. he is a professional photographer, so expect at least $200.

let me know if this link works for you. and facebook just absolutely trashes photos, unfortunately my drive with all the high res photos from this shoot is not plugged in right now.

and anthony mair, im just throwing this one out here. im acquainted with him over the rx8 forums and he is just downright incredible. shooting cars is his specialty. however he is located in las vegas, so you'd have to fly him out here. and he'd probably charge about a grand.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/anthony...7611509970656/
      Dont charge people for giving you a chance to learn and practice.

Comment

this is not the first time i've used a camera. thanks. and i dont need advice from a high school kid.

also, do you have something better to offer him photography wise? because i went through your flickr and it sure doesnt seem like it.

edit: goddamn, that comment just ticked me off. i have a world of things to say about it. a chance to practice? wtf is this, grade school? i have better things to do with my time then go photograph some stranger's car. my 2 weekend days are precious, im not going to set aside half of one of those days for nothing. ffs.

please, go drive down from new jersey and "learn and practice" on his car. that is an incredibly stupid comment. "giving me a chance." like its such a special privilege to photograph an e30? if you cant do photography in your backyard, you cant do photography. giving me a chance. rofl. if i felt i needed that much practice i could go to the mall parking lot and have a thousands of chances.

if you consider joining the professional work force in 5 years, you might want to consider becoming a little more "professional." there was nothing wrong with what i said. i was up front about price, and what each price entailed. its up to him to decide what he wants. you give the client an estimate (or several), the client reviews it, and makes their decision. that is how the business world works.
        Last edited by Kershaw; 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

i was up front about price, and what each price entailed. its up to him to decide what he wants. you give the client an estimate (or several), the client reviews it, and makes their decision. that is how the business world works.

Personally I would post up some of your work to give him an idea of what you can do.

And to the OP, you may want to try posting on some photo specific forums to see if you can get any interest.
          1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

this is not the first time i've used a camera. thanks. and i dont need advice from a high school kid.

also, do you have something better to offer him photography wise? because i went through your flickr and it sure doesnt seem like it.

edit: goddamn, that comment just ticked me off. i have a world of things to say about it. a chance to practice? wtf is this, grade school? i have better things to do with my time then go photograph some stranger's car. my 2 weekend days are precious, im not going to set aside half of one of those days for nothing. ffs.

please, go drive down from new jersey and "learn and practice" on his car. that is an incredibly stupid comment. "giving me a chance." like its such a special privilege to photograph an e30? if you cant do photography in your backyard, you cant do photography. giving me a chance. rofl. if i felt i needed that much practice i could go to the mall parking lot and have a thousands of chances.

if you consider joining the professional work force in 5 years, you might want to consider becoming a little more "professional." there was nothing wrong with what i said. i was up front about price, and what each price entailed. its up to him to decide what he wants. you give the client an estimate (or several), the client reviews it, and makes their decision. that is how the business world works.
            I understand you have used your camera before, but you dont sound very confident with your experience, especially not enough sell your work. Your not even past the point where you realize your camera has nothing to do with the pictures you take.

What the hell does being in highschool have to do with taking my advice. Im sure Ive been shooting longer then you have and most likely understand the entire art better then you. You should respect that.

My flickr is not a portfolio but I would like to compare my last 6 months work with your last 6 months work, care to share a link?

If you were passionate about expanding your photographic skills you would understand how the only way to get better is to practice and make mistakes. Just like everyone else does.

And you sound like a hypocrite with that whole "professional" speach.

Comment

tyler, I can do that... easy shots.

:edit: We're also due for a community photoshoot so if we set that up, you'd get some nice shots out of it.
              1997 540i/6 - stock
              1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
              1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

ill give you a shot RJ, but im skeptical
                Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
                  ill give you a shot RJ, but im skeptical
                  :rofl
                  1997 540i/6 - stock
                  1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                  1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

@Kershaw, I appreciate your recommendations and value the time you spent to respond. $50 seems reasonable, and I would have no problem paying that if no one would do it for free(200 would be fine too). If I were more serious about this I wouldn't be posting on r3v. I post here knowing that there are fellows that would like to shot an e30 for fun, practice, or simply because they are enthusiastic about e30s (as I am). My car is a fairly clean example and I have put quite a bit of love and care into it. I am on the verge of swapping suspension and wheels so I would like to have profile pics of it before it undergoes major changes.

I know minimal about shooting cars, but I do know what I want (as shown) so I think its pretty reasonable.
                    Tbolt Division

Comment

this threads ghey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                        I understand you have used your camera before, but you dont sound very confident with your experience, especially not enough sell your work. Your not even past the point where you realize your camera has nothing to do with the pictures you take.

What the hell does being in highschool have to do with taking my advice. Im sure Ive been shooting longer then you have and most likely understand the entire art better then you. You should respect that.

My flickr is not a portfolio but I would like to compare my last 6 months work with your last 6 months work, care to share a link?

If you were passionate about expanding your photographic skills you would understand how the only way to get better is to practice and make mistakes. Just like everyone else does.

And you sound like a hypocrite with that whole "professional" speach.
                        I'm gonna cut you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X