need patches welded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need patches welded

My '91 that came "with no rust" has 2 spots that I put a screw driver through. It's basically just two 4"x4" spots. So if you can weld or know of some one who can for cheap let me know!
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Speaking of some welding...I could use someone to weld in another battery box for me. Mine's pretty much completely rusted out so I am going to cut out the rusty one and weld in a new one. If only I had a welder....

Comment

looks like a group buy if someone's got a welder and an afternoon to work on some cars!
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

guess who got a welder for xmas!!!
        Slicktop City!

Comment

I can do both of those things. the battery box will be very hard though. The patches will be easy depending on where they are. Gotta bring it to me though. PM me for my rates.

Comment

you any good? i need a patch in the middle of the floorboard and one on the tranny tunnel. everything will be hidden under the carpet so it doesnt have to be pretty, just solid.
            sigpic

Comment

gah. sounds like a pita. lol

Comment

well i didnt put the cancer tester (screw driver) through the tranny tunnel yet since i figured it would be tougher.
                sigpic

Comment

Depends where on the trans tunnel. IE we might have to remove the tranny.

Comment

I cut out the bottom of another cars battery box. I figure the rust on the sides of the box can be patched since it's just flat there. Any interest in helping a brotha out? I don't need it to be pretty just want it to be solid.

Comment

Here are the spots that i need patched:

Big Picture:

Floor Pan:

Tranny Tunnel:
                      sigpic

Comment

so no onw closer than NoVa with a welder?
                        sigpic

Comment

McGyver - that trans tunnel one looks fine. Just wire wheel it, put some naval jelly on it, and you should be okay to prime/paint after that to seal it the rest of the way. My floor pan had a hole just like that. I had a friend weld it up for me. Not trying to put Yoshi out there on the spot, but that's something I'm sure he can do.
                          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                          2875-C Towerview Road
                          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Working...
                          X