No announcement yet.

Greater Philadelphia area caravan up to GutenFest 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Maryland ans Southern guys are meeting at the Maryland House (greatest rest stop ever) It would be better to meet along the New Jersey Turnpike.
    The easiest route to get from Philly to the NJ Turnpike would be to meet at Ikea off 95, take 95 North to the Ben Franklin Bdidge, take Route 70 North to 295 North for 1 exit to Route 73. Once on 73 the NJ Turnpike entrance is right there. I drive this route 2-3 times a week and it's by far the easiest, plus lots of cheap gas along the way!

We could plan to meet the Maryland guys at one of the rest stops on the Turnpike Northbound. This way they can come over the Delaware Memorial Bridge and save some time and gas from swinging into Philly.

Update:
    The James Fenimore Cooper Rest Stop is between exit 4 and 5 on the Turnpike, this would be a great place for all the groups to meet up.
    Last edited by oreilly; 05-16-2011, 06:44 AM. Reason: details
    I Drive a VW CC, I play with a BMW!

Stanceworks SN: Sugmag
    VWVortex SN: Sugmag

Comment

so where will the philyl people meet then? still IKEA? I have a feeling going up river road toward newhope and all is going to take fucking forever from philly... new hope is over an hour from g-fest and its going to take us an hour to get to newhope from IKEA in philly...

also i wanna start a invite on FB today for some locals and whoever else so they know the meeting place so if we could hammer down a spot by mid day i think that would be best. It sounds like the southern guys have there times down so should we say IKEA by 10:45 leaving by 11:15 at the absolute latest?

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Here is a mapquest that would go from Ikea in Philly to the James Fenimore Cooper Rest Stop onthe NJ Turnpike then up to Guten. Looks like its 30 minute from for the first leg then about an hour and a half to Guten.

Comment

as long as i can get my car finished this week then i am so down! Would any of you guys be opposed to my buddy tagging along in his miata?

Comment

Originally posted by oreilly View Post
            If the Maryland ans Southern guys are meeting at the Maryland House (greatest rest stop ever) It would be better to meet along the New Jersey Turnpike.
            The easiest route to get from Philly to the NJ Turnpike would be to meet at Ikea off 95, take 95 North to the Ben Franklin Bdidge, take Route 70 North to 295 North for 1 exit to Route 73. Once on 73 the NJ Turnpike entrance is right there. I drive this route 2-3 times a week and it's by far the easiest, plus lots of cheap gas along the way!

We could plan to meet the Maryland guys at one of the rest stops on the Turnpike Northbound. This way they can come over the Delaware Memorial Bridge and save some time and gas from swinging into Philly.

Update:
            The James Fenimore Cooper Rest Stop is between exit 4 and 5 on the Turnpike, this would be a great place for all the groups to meet up.
            this sounds easy and good, what time are you thinking for IKEA?

Comment

It looks like the Mryland guys are going to be leaving the Meeting Place (Maryland House Rest Stop) around 9:30am. It will take them approximatley 45-60 minute to ge to the James Fenimore Cooper Rest Stop on the Turnpike. So if the Philly guys plan on leaving Ikea at 9:45-10am we should all be at the Turnpike at the same time.

Mike

Comment

perfect, just sent out a FB event that will hopefully spread. Ill be checking this thread pretty constantly so if anything changes guys please post up

Comment

Sounds good to me! I'll setup an official NoVa/DC/MD caravan thread with the full route, stops, times etc.

The James Fenimore Cooper Rest Stop should be perfect!. I'll post a link to the thread here in a bit!
                  stephenbrody.com

Comment

Link to to DMV area caravan thread