Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyline Drive Run Tomorrow

Hey Guys,

this is last minute, but the guys on bf.c are having a run down to Skyline Dr tomorrow morning. A few of us from the College Park crew are going to be there. So far there are 30-40 cars signed up for the run.

If you are interested in coming out, we are meeting at my house at 10am and leaving shortly after. My number is 281-830-8805 - give me a call and I'll text you my address.

If you would like to meet up with the full group, we are meeting at the Logan's Roadhouse in the Fair Lakes Shopping center in Fairfax at 11am. The address is:

12821 Fair Lakes Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22033-3807 (Logan's Roadhouse)

We won't be making the entire drive, we'll only hit 32.6miles of Skyline Drive then make a U-turn so that we're not out there all day. Should be back in MD by 4 or 5pm.

Link to the Facebook Event:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141267825933351

Link to the bf.c thread:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1594685

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Brody
    stephenbrody.com

is this for saturday or sunday? fb and bfc have conflicting dates

edit: nevermind i see its for the 13th. ill be there with my gopro hd

Comment

Badass! We'll see you there!
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

have fun cruising at 30mph.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Are these usually last minute?

Damn, I gotta get my cabrio's cache of parts installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            have fun cruising at 30mph.
            Overall it was a good drive, we were pretty constant around 60mph on Skyline but we stopped for a break or car issue every time we got into a rhythm so that kinda downed it a bit. The drive back was crazy, the police stopped our entire caravan because we were all going around 100. We got lucky and he didn't ticket anyone!

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
            Are these usually last minute?

Damn, I gotta get my cabrio's cache of parts installed.
            It kind of depends, this has been on bimmerforums for a few weeks but nothing really materialized until a few days ago.
            stephenbrody.com

Comment

I'll join over ay bf then too.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                The drive back was crazy, the police stopped our entire caravan because we were all going around 100. We got lucky and he didn't ticket anyone!
                this is the reason why I never like going on these drives.

Comment

yeah because you drive at 5mph under the speed limit lol.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^ This
                    stephenbrody.com

Comment

for those of you not on other forums

A video i made of local (va/md area) bmw enthusiast' cruise to skyline drive. Part one is the drive to the shenandoah meet up point.

A video i made of local (va/md area) bmw enthusiast' cruise to skyline drive. Part two is the drive from the shenandoah meetup point into the skyline drive p...

A video i made of local (va/md area) bmw enthusiast' cruise to skyline drive. Part three is the drive from the second shenandoah meetup point through skyline...

Comment

i miss virginia
                        Originally posted by FredK
                        However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                        Feedback

Comment

How far down did you guys go? All the way to Afton/W'boro? <--where Skyline ends and the parkway begins.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

yea i'm curious too;

i didn't see any clips going up 211 which is unfortunate
                            Originally posted by FredK
                            However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                            Feedback

Comment

we drove pretty much what all the videos show. once we hit the tunnel, we u turned, drove back through it and hit 211. unfortunatly i did not have a chance to mount the camera on the car and battery was running low.. next time

Comment

Working...
                              X