Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moosehead Engineering and Odometergears.com at The Vintage

So who all is going?

I hope this is OK to put up here. I haven't been around much since I parted my E30s. I usually hang out with the MyE28 miscreants or over on the CCA forum but some of you may know me.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce you all to Moosehead Engineering and let you know we will be one of the vendors over at The Vintage. We won't have tons for the E30 crowd (there are already plenty of great vendors out there that support E30s) but we will have odometer gears from Odometergears.com. Jeff likely can't make it to the show so we will be representing his company. We'll have a demonstration a few times during the day on how to change the odometer gears in an E28 or E30 cluster.

We should also have a couple of sets of Spax lowering springs and adjustable dampers for sale (provided the shipment has cleared customs.)

We'll have some nice cloisonne emblems with the vintage BMW motorsport logo for sale in various sizes:

I have 20 embroidered hats left (Brad will be rocking one on Friday.)

I have 250 of these little guys:

The screwdrivers come with 8 bits and a magnetic tip to keep the bits in place (and probably small screws in the end of the bit, too.) They should be perfect for interior and trim, as well as electronic work. $5 each, 3/$10, or free with certain purchases.

Moosehead Engineering shirts:

The shirts are 6.1 oz heavyweight 100% cotton and tagless, just the way I like them.

Also, we'll be pimping our friend Brad's autocross shirts since he'll be out doing his duty as the event photographer:

We will also demonstrate the install of the S14/S38 throttle linkage repair kit for those that are interested. If possible we will make a similar kit for the M30 and M20 throttles in the future.

We'll have some of our other prototypes to show and parts for sale like caliper adapter brackets for StopTech/Brembo calipers, TIG welded stainless exhausts, and anything else we can throw together in time.

If there is something you want made for the E30 that isn't currently available, drop by and let us know.

Wifey will be whipping up peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and probably some chocolate chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, and we'll have some junk food for midday snacking as well as some water (out of a jug, none of that fancy mineral stuff,) so drop on by!

Feel free to ask me any questions.
    -P

Moosehead Engineering

So what are those odo gear kits running? Need to budget for Saturday...

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk
    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

I have to talk to Jeff tonight, but I believe that there will be a discount on them for the show. I'll let you know.
      -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

i'd like to know as well.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

So would I! The package should arrive tomorrow and I'll know more then.
          -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Very sorry I can't make it. Too many family events going on. The old E12 turbo would be fun to drive out there. I'll have to get it on the calender for next year for sure. I am going to spend a week in Birmingham sponsoring O'Fest if anyone will be there. That is my big event of the year. PLEASE stop by and say hello. Wednesday is the only day I will be away from the booth on the track.

For Vintage, I will have a meeting with Paul tonight and you will be more than happy with the pricing. He will have odometer sets for all BMW's, including 2002, E3, 9, 12, 21, 24, 28 and 30's. If you need them for an 1800, they will be there also. Also, he will have seat gears for E36 and Z3's. I gave him about 50 shirts to hand out for FREE. Make sure you find him early to get your size.

There will be a set price for the gears good for the show. Installation will be up to you and Paul to negotiate. Remember, tip your "waiters" or installers well!!! If you want to put it in yourself, I am always available on the phone.

Have a great time and hope to see you at O'Fest.

Jeff Caplan
            Odometer Gears Ltd
            757-593-3478

Comment

I've gotten info on the gear prices. Looks like the special show prices are fantastic! Savings in excess of 25% for some applications. Also, I will be giving odogears shirts out FREE to people that purchase stuff at the tent and to people that can convince me that they really want one! There may be feats of strength or a yodeling competition.

See you guys at the show!
              Last edited by mooseheadm5; 05-29-2011, 05:14 PM.
              -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Great to meet everyone that managed to get by the tent.

If I didn't get a chance to chat, I apologize. Hopefully I was able to answer everyone's questions. Hit up my email if you need anything.

Hopefully everyone that wanted an odo gears T shirt got one I know quite a few of you E30 guys dropped by looking for gears. Make sure that you mention dropping by when you call or email Jeff for gears.

Did everyone get a cookie? Wifey worked hard making them.

We'll be at PVGP, so be sure to come see us there.

-Paul
                Moosehead Engineering
                -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Working...
                X