Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Virginia - New Acquisition - HG Blown

Hey guys, just bought a 1985 325e

The PO must have changed oil and said a couple hail mary's and me not catching water in the oil bc I have a bad white smoke prob combined with massive amounts of condensation in the oil

So I called a local "Bavarian Auto" store and they said "A couple thousand"...and that I should have the head checked too (incurring even more dollars?!)

I've rebuilt motors (1965 Corvair, 1990 Range Rover Top End), but that was in California where I had a garage and tools

I have no tools and am in Arlington North Virginia with no garage.

I got it for $1000, sell or try to rock and roll the change?

Cheers guys!

as i said in the other thread, you can pay someone to fix this for you. if you're willing to do that, you should put post that up.

otherwise, go to sears and buy some tools. a new headgasket and bolts are not that expensive.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Sell it and buy another Corvair! :D

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Oh I def would be willing to pay someone to help me out with this haha, HG's are always a team building exercise

...man if I only had a garage and my tools I'd be set....ugh

Comment

JasonC - HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I prob should, but you never want to buy a corvair you need to work on to get it going...rule one of Corvair Club!

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Benny View Post
            JasonC - HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I prob should, but you never want to buy a corvair you need to work on to get it going...rule one of Corvair Club!
            But only problem to that is, no one works on them so i'm the only one out of the few who has a running corvair LOL!

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Speaking of Corvairs, HG aren't really an issue with water getting into the combustion chamber haha

Comment

VC off, radiator out...leaving intake on and on exhuast manifold on

The timing and cam stuff looks like a PITA though...

Comment

Anyone in the NoVa area that wants to help out and have a few beers while putting another 325 on the road?????

PBR and High-Life standard

Comment

Working...
                  X