New to r3vlimited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to r3vlimited.

Hey everybody, I'm Kurt Niles, and I'm new to the forum and the bimmer world. I was converted from the VW side by a guy I deployed with. I just wanted to introduce myself and ask about anybody who knows about any gatherings or anything AND if anyone has the E30 CEL Diag tool. I'd like to see if I can check and clear the codes without paying $90. Thanks in advance, and see you on the road.

welcome! CENTCOM aor deployment?

i am sure there must be someone down your way with a diag reader.
    marshall
    75 M2
    87 325
    97 m3
    02 325it

Comment

Nah, just regular old Army, OEF, last year. I went with 3-172nd IN (MTN).

Comment

welcome. research the "stomp test." you'll get the codes from your CEL flashing.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        ---------------------------------
        89 E30 S52
        ---------------------------------
        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

The Luxury of OBD1 is that you don't need a Diag Tool to get the codes. Like bernz said, read up on the Stomp Test and that should clear everything. If the codes don't clear, i'm sure someone down in Richmond has a reset tool
          stephenbrody.com

Comment

one of the first things I learned.

With the engine off and ignition on, press the gas pedal all the way down and all the way up 5 time within 5 seconds. It has to be done in a certain rythm. If done right the check engine light will start flashing. The amount it flashes counts for a number. One short flash is -1 , four quick flashes is -4 etc. A code will be represented by 4 digits for example 1211 is a code for DME failure.

here:

hope this helps, Im in Richmond but dont have a reset though. Welcome aboard, hope to see you around.
            I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

yeeaa 87's ftw
              I also switched over from a vw and will never go back. hope you enjoy your m3!
              and welcome to the forum.
              m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
              build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Working...
              X