Pick n Pull Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
    anyone been to the Mt.Airy Crazy Ray's recently? Looking to go find e30 parts and I hear that one is usually decent compared to the other two locations...
    There are 5 Crazy Ray's locations. ;)

I've only been to Mt Airy once and it didn't have a single E30 when I went. Hopefully you'll have better luck on your trip.

Comment

the one in hawkins point usually has one to three e30s.. and the one off of rt 1 has a good amount of m50s and a couple m6xs. Sometimes youll see a couple e30s there

Comment

hmm....the guy I bought some parts from a couple months back said tht Mt.Airy was good for e30s. Hmm. Hawkins Point will be pretty much on my way home anyhow, so maybe I'll just hit both, lol. I'm trying to avoid going north of Baltimore, and the Jessup one only had 1 vert last time I was there..
        Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop
        visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Mt Airy is waaaaaaay west of Bmore. (Unless you're going to Bmore for something else.)

I've had the most luck at Hawkins Point so I would definitely hit it up.

As much as I hate Jessup (and I HAAAAAAATE Jessup) I have had a lot of luck there with finding stuff I need.

Comment

Hawkins point(rt. 40?) Had at least 3 e30's last time, iirc.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
              Mt Airy is waaaaaaay west of Bmore. (Unless you're going to Bmore for something else.)

I've had the most luck at Hawkins Point so I would definitely hit it up.

As much as I hate Jessup (and I HAAAAAAATE Jessup) I have had a lot of luck there with finding stuff I need.
              yeah, I know where it is, but from NoVa it's a pretty easy drive (40 minutes tops). I was thinking a "country" yard with so many cars might be less picked-through than an urban yard with less cars.

But, with the advice here I"ll just save a couple hours of my day and do Hawkins Point. If it fails, I hit Jessup on the way home :(
              Track/street e21 build
              visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                Hawkins point(rt. 40?) Had at least 3 e30's last time, iirc.

thats hawkinds point.

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
                  hmm....the guy I bought some parts from a couple months back said tht Mt.Airy was good for e30s. Hmm. Hawkins Point will be pretty much on my way home anyhow, so maybe I'll just hit both, lol. I'm trying to avoid going north of Baltimore, and the Jessup one only had 1 vert last time I was there..
                  the one in mt airy is alright.. its a hit or miss there though sometimes. I keep on seeing the same completely trashed and pulled apart e30s there ahah..hawkins point has had another e30 added to the junked e30s there each time ive gone
                  good luck with picking!!

Comment

when are you going picking?

Comment

the plan is to head up there Monday morning, hopefully get to the yard around 10am or so.
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
                        when are you going picking?
                        If you're going with him, I need you to find some parts too haha.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                          If you're going with him, I need you to find some parts too haha.
                          lol....I can find other things if you need. The distributor shouldn't be too hard to find or remove (assuming it doesn't have security bolts), so if there are other things, let me knwo and I'll look for them. Everythign I need is off e30s, so once I find the cars it won't take me long to get what I'm looking for. I want to wander a bit to find one thing that I'm improvising, so I'll just be browsing around other random cars anyhow.
                          Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Working...
                          X