WTB: real estate (need advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: real estate (need advice)

For those of you that don't know, I moved from NJ to maryland last summer for my job. I did however have one last semester of college to finish in the fall. So I just graduated a few weeks ago.:D I now live in aberdeen in a house with a few other people.

I'm getting sick of living with other people and I want to move out soon.(the people I live with suck)
    The thing is, I don't want to just rent another place. I want to buy.
    It just doesn't make sense to rent. If I buy a house for under 100k the mortgage would easily be less per month than my rent is now. And when I move out eventually, I'll get the money back (or atleast most of it) but if I keep renting i'm just throwing the money away and will never get any of it back.

My only requirements are that the place is near aberdeen, under $100k, and has a garage. preferably under $50k.
    It can be a "townhome" with a garage but no trailers/mobile homes.
    This is great -

The only bad thing is the interior which I can live with or fix and maybe the area it's in.. but those aren't deal breakers.

or this which is more in my price range -

Only thing is I'm not sure if the garage has to be shared with someone else.

Craigslist is a pain to look through but it's free to make listings so there's a lot of listings. Realtor.com is good but it seems like there's mostly more expensive homes on there since it costs money to make listings and add pics. What's the best way to search? I thought about getting a real estate agent but if I do that then I'll have to give them a commission.

Buying a home, r3v style
    Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

the seller pays the fees for both realtors, typically 3% to each one. so it will be packaged into your final price.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      the seller pays the fees for both realtors, typically 3% to each one. so it will be packaged into your final price.
      Didn't know that, thanks.
      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I do real estate and would be more than happy to take you on as a client. Shoot me a pm if interested and we can go from there.