Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other Baurs in the DC area?

Hi guys,

I am pretty new to the forum -- joined after getting 1983 323i baur cabriolet a few months ago. Just curious if many other Baurs in the DC area.

Original interior was pretty much shot, so I swapped (thanks to this forum and M42teknik!). Engine is smoking and something probably should be done soon. Actually, smoke is not so bad but the smell is...I notice cars behind me tend to give me space or pull around me!

Here are some photos -- see if you can guess where taken!
    Attached Files

There's a guy in town here with a 316 Baur. Of course I'm about 2 hours south west from DC, but hey, Baurs aren't everywhere.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Is that the Chesapeake Beach railway museum? Total shot in the dark.

Man does that car look sweet. The houndstooth looks really, really good. Bring that thing out to the College Park meets on Friday nights if you can. Lots of people there would love to see a clean Baur.
      1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
      1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
      1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

looks nice! and as he^ said.. bring it out!

Comment

Very nice!! I haven't seen any other baurs here. What was done with those euro bumpers though? Looks like they are spaced out off the body?

And yes, please come out to the College park meet!
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
            Very nice!! I haven't seen any other baurs here. What was done with those euro bumpers though? Looks like they are spaced out off the body?

And yes, please come out to the College park meet!
            Rebar and us shock mounts to be federalized most likely.

Seats alone are drool material.

Here's one

Last edited by M-technik-3; 04-12-2012, 05:52 PM.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Thanks, guys. I will try to make it to CP one of these Friday nights.

There's no rebar/shock mounts from I can see. I think the bumpers have been pulled several times and my guess is they've been bent out on the sides. Now, I'm curious though and will go out and check.

The thing that bothers me the most is that they put the marker lights on the fenders and qtr panels. Most baurs have them there but my old baur had them cut into the rubber trim on the bumpers which made it much easier to "restore" back to original no marker lights.

btw, car has many blemishes -- my iphone photos do a good job of not showing them! Also, photos taken at Glen Echo park (off macarthur blvd in Bethesda)

Comment

Your car is like many others that were federalized and putting the markers in the body was very common. E21 and E23 grey market cars had the same setups.

Comment

Glad to see that interior again, I am ALMOST regretting letting it go and not having it as furniture in my room :D
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

Looks good! Definitely interested in seeing it in person at one of the Friday meets!
                    stephenbrody.com

Comment

looks great man.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

I was wrong and Mtechnic3 was right -- Someone put some braces on that pushes bumpers out an extra 2 inches or so. I did not have these on my old baur and do not think these were part of getting federalized bc there are no shocks or reinforcement. My guess is PO wanted some extra inches to protect lights when parking...

Comment

It was, the old system of federalization WAS not monitored nor strictly enforced in the 80's heydays.

Car still looks good. Most Baur's would have had a Zender or Kamei airdam added at some point. Nice to see a stock car.

Comment

my seats! :p

Comment

Working...
                            X