Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rallycross Test&Tune and Event Sept 8&9 - Summit Point - Come join or watch 5 BMWs :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice, I just saw you registered. Scott and his crew will be happy to have someone to run against in stock class. They've been all by themselves (2 drivers, 1 car) all season, lol. Their car also runs in Prepared class (with 2 other drivers).

Don't worry about knowing what you're doing. There are newbies at every event and it's easy to catch on. Are you coming to the test&tune on Saturday too? That's when you can get some SERIOUS seat time and just practice what you're doing.

Also, I saw that your ordered winter tires for winter.....do you plan on running them in rallycross? Most people run winters for rally-x (some use A/S or rally tires, but winters are preferred over A/S). Only thing is you'll tear them up a bit, lol.

Helmet - there are loaners at the event. But they are HOT PINK and have lots of other peoples' sweat in them, lol. I use a cheap Bell open-face that I picked up a year or two ago, which works fine. Just make sure to go to a race shop and try the helmets on....don't just order one online because it looks good.....they fit VERY differently between models and brands.
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

btw, a couple things:

1. send an email to wdcprorally-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. This will get you on the local rally/rallycross email list that gives a lot of information about events, times, weather updates, etc. It's mostly rallycross-centric for the events at Summit, but has some info on other rally stuff in the region.

2. IDK if you're on facebook, but we do have a "Dirty E-Thirties" team page of sorts, where we talk about stuff, etc, relating to rallycross, post pics, etc. So if you're on there, find the page and I'll add you on.
      Track/street e21 build
      visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Yeah I signed up for sat as well. I didn't realize everything was separate. I'll be running the winters for sure. I did an autocross on them this spring as well so they're not exactly pristine. I'm going to go to a local race shop, Susquehanna motorsports (rallylights.com) for a helmet in the next week or so. I know the guy who runs it through the hillclimbs up here. Found your fb page too.
        ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
        Originally posted by blunttech
        I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
        Build Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
          btw, a couple things:

1. send an email to wdcprorally-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. This will get you on the local rally/rallycross email list that gives a lot of information about events, times, weather updates, etc. It's mostly rallycross-centric for the events at Summit, but has some info on other rally stuff in the region.
          I still never got a reply to my subscription request.
          Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

here, go to this page and you can just read messages from there:

IDK why yours didn't work. Nick just got on the list yesterday and sent a message to the group, so I know his worked.
            Track/street e21 build
            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Helmet purchased
              Build Thread?

Comment

I did not realize that I had to buy the SCCA membership to run in the T&T...there is $65 I had not considered...
                Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                  I did not realize that I had to buy the SCCA membership to run in the T&T...there is $65 I had not considered...
                  Just buy the $10 weekend membership if that's all you plan on running in.
                  sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                  Build Thread:
                  Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                  1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                  Rallycross Build Thread.
                  1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

I wish this wasn't my weekend to work both days....have fun!
                    1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
                    1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
                    1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Click View Post
                      Helmet purchased
                      What'd you get?
                      Patrick Henry

Comment

Matte black Zamp Full Faced Helmet

Build Thread?

Comment

lucky the midsummer heat is mostly over for you.....open-face ftw!
                          Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

I'll be racing with my A/C on lol
                            Build Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Click View Post
                              I'll be racing with my A/C on lol
                              I'll be racing without the 40 lbs of A/C stuff ;)
                              Track/street e21 build
                              visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

That's why I keep another 2 cylinders around, they make up for those 40 extra pounds haha
                                Build Thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X