Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone willing to replace my subframe/trailing arm bushes for a fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
    It's better to paint the new subframe and weld rear sway reinforcement tabs if you have or plan on putting in a bigger sway while its out. Camber adjustment plates if needed....etc. I wouldn't buy trailing arms cause then u will have old wheel bearings also, assuming your getting the TA from the junkyard.
    its an m3. He would have to swap out hubs and brakes, the trailing arms are out of teh question. Just plan for it to be down for 2 days. One day for removal and take the stuff and clean it up paint it, electrolsysi etc. And then one day assembly.

Comment

Kmarei they are right its best to just drop the whole frame and do it all together which is lots of work and time.
      I just did all my bushings so it would probably be best to just to swap my subframe w new bushings for yours and call it a day.
      Oh I am 4 lug so while we're at it might as well swap wheels too. :)
      I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
        its an m3. He would have to swap out hubs and brakes, the trailing arms are out of teh question. Just plan for it to be down for 2 days. One day for removal and take the stuff and clean it up paint it, electrolsysi etc. And then one day assembly.
        Aah okay. Well if the op is serious ill buy the special tool from bavauto for rear subframe and ill have it for other projects I guess.

But I'd be down to start it on a Friday and work on it thru the weekend
        m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
        build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Sounds more complicated that I thought
          This will have to wait till I get a winter car
          Can't afford to be without the car for 2 days
          It's my daily driver

I found an Audi A4 Quattro wagon
          I've done the whole winter tire thing on my e92 m3
          Sucked
          Rear wheel drive and snow jut aren't the right match :)
          Once I have the second car then I'll do the subframe and trailing arm bushings
          And I can use the Audi in the meantime

Thanks to all the suggestions :)

Comment

The budget on subframe bushings just went way up.lol but I feel u on it being your daily and if it can't be down that long so be it.

I'll probably pop mine in before yours if u wanted to come by the shop and check it out after I start. I'm getting a dif this weekend, building the 3.73 currently in the car and then selling the 4.10 I'm picking up. Maybe rebuilding the 4.10 before selling.

If anyone is interested in LSD rebuilds I'm going to be starting on my own 2 this month

Comment

so whats good with this subframe?? that joint could have been done this weekend?

Comment

Working...
              X