Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greensboro, NC Meet...1-14-06...Start the year off right!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formula driver
    Dude keep it as long as you want. I cant figure out how to do it anyway.
    haha opps I already changed it...look at the other thread again ;) [/img]
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by Avus E30
      come on man just chance the end of yor sig line to "[/img] and yoiu are set

God I suck at computers. Thanks Justin and Charlie.

Comment

and finally the sig arrives hahaha welcome to the club man;)
        HDE30 <3

Comment

haha i need to get some good pics of my car and let fox loose on a sig for me :twisted:
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
            There are endless places we could meet up, the popular place is either the local Borders (big chain bookstore for those of you who don't get out much) parking lot or the mall (which has several empty extra parking lots that never get used). As far as shit to do, Motorsport Connections, Bassen Auto Body, and Ding-go PDR are all VERY close to either meet location, so if anyone wants to dyno, get some dents popped out, or get quotes on paintwork/service, it can be done.

I figure we could also hit up a restaurant for some food, there's several restaurants surrounding the mall, including (off the top of my head) Outback Steakhouse (where I used to work and could most likely get a discount), Chili's, Olive Garden, O'Charley's, TGI Fridays, Denny's (for you cheap bastards), Texas Roadhouse (another great steakhouse), Lone Star Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Fuddruckers, Copeland's, Hooters, and I'm sure there are others.

I vote we do it before spring break, more because everyone will likely have their own plans for then and they most likely won't include hanging out with a bunch of asshole kids talking about old cars all day. :)

Let me know what you guys think, I'll take the reins on this one if someone needs to organize it. Hopefully our little "project" will be nearing some stage of completion by then and we'll have a little something to show at the meet.
            The annual SEMAG (Southeastern Meet and Greet) in Spartanburg, SC at the BMW factory is usually around March and/or the begginning of spring. But perhaps we could have a meet before that one. Hopefully I will have my car looking a little better by then. I like your idea of meeting in the mall Matt. Plus after we got done touring Billy and Todds shop if anyone wanted to we could drive about 20 min and head up 66 which are some CRAZY tight corners and right there in the out-skirts of Winston w/o having to drive to the mtns. Tony and I are down whenever you want to get it together.

Justin and Foxx... sorry about the confusion... I didn't really remember anyone's names from the meet... Justin... Make sure and let everyone know when you're coming to Winston to get some help putting your suspension on... I'd love to help out as well and/or atleast see it when its done...

Comment

i'll show up to the next one. ill bring the hot camera and get some pics of a bunch of nice e30's. e36 can stay out of the photos haha.
              173rd ABN

Comment

Originally posted by BMWguy
                The annual SEMAG (Southeastern Meet and Greet) in Spartanburg, SC at the BMW factory is usually around March and/or the begginning of spring. But perhaps we could have a meet before that one. Hopefully I will have my car looking a little better by then. I like your idea of meeting in the mall Matt. Plus after we got done touring Billy and Todds shop if anyone wanted to we could drive about 20 min and head up 66 which are some CRAZY tight corners and right there in the out-skirts of Winston w/o having to drive to the mtns. Tony and I are down whenever you want to get it together.

Justin and Foxx... sorry about the confusion... I didn't really remember anyone's names from the meet... Justin... Make sure and let everyone know when you're coming to Winston to get some help putting your suspension on... I'd love to help out as well and/or atleast see it when its done...
                Yeah, the annual SEMAG stopped in '04.
                Trevor Ely
                '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
                  Yeah, the annual SEMAG stopped in '04.
                  I didn't know that... thanks for the FYI... all the more reason for a meet in Winston this spring!!!

Comment

bad news guys, filed my taxes online and I got screwed. Needless to say I didn't get back nearly as much as I had hoped. So for our work day on my car we will be limited to springs and shocks. Oh well.
                    HDE30 <3

Comment

Originally posted by Avus E30
                      bad news guys, filed my taxes online and I got screwed. Needless to say I didn't get back nearly as much as I had hoped. So for our work day on my car we will be limited to springs and shocks. Oh well.

When are you wanting to do this Justin? Keep in mind I have plenty of tools and a spring compressor. Ive also dont the suspension on an e30 4 or 5 times. If someone could get there hands on a tie rod puller we could get the whole car done in a few hours.

Comment

no idea i thought we could organize our next meet around it and kinda do a work day. I should have my new wheels by then. Kind of a look who got new shoes day
                        HDE30 <3

Comment

tie rod seperator and control arm bushing seperator are necessary tools. you can buy them at any autoparts store for fairly cheap. yes there is a difference between the two tools. doing suspension on an e30 shouldnt take but like, 2 1/2 or 3 hours with the right tools.
                          173rd ABN

Comment

thanks bokes
                            HDE30 <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bokes
                              tie rod seperator and control arm bushing seperator are necessary tools. you can buy them at any autoparts store for fairly cheap. yes there is a difference between the two tools. doing suspension on an e30 shouldnt take but like, 2 1/2 or 3 hours with the right tools.

This man speaks the truth. I did my swaps with just a pickle fork and chewed the boots up a little each time but my car got new tie rods when I did it so I was ok with it. The tools are cheap and there just good tools to have so I would deffinatly consider purchasing them Justin.

Comment

hey everyone, sorry im posting so late in this tread. i finally got around to fixing my computer today. i had fun at the meet and it was great meeting you guys and seeing some i already know. looking foward to the next one.

dave

Comment

Working...
                                X