Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who was driving their e30 in the snow last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who was driving their e30 in the snow last night?

I finally got to use my snow tires for their purpose and wow, it was incredibly fun! I was scouring the frederick area looking for spots, but didn't seem to find too many, so I went back to my original spot in germantown. I love rwd in the snow!!! Where was everyone sliding around last night?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
    2002 325i - DD
    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

i slid around a bunch this morning in the vert (basically slick yokohama sdrives). i side stepped up half a block barely missing a telephone pole the whole time. other than that, great in the snow when im moving.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Wow you could actually move with those tires?? I had falkens ziex 912s on my car one snow year and I couldn't even leave my driveway. These firestone winterforces on all four wheels makes the car drive like an awd! I was scaling some steep hills covered in packed snow and ice, not even a little slippage! Wish I had a nice camera to capture some of the sliding though, there were some pretty awesome spots I found up and down 355 in the frederick/clarksburg area!

I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
      2002 325i - DD
      2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

The WRX on wintersports takes a lot of effort to "slide around" in the pathetic excuse for what yesterday called "snow."

The e30 is on Star Specs....it sat in the garage. The rally tires would only be good in really deep snow, not a dusting :)
        Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop
        visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

:)
          Let's just say the drive to work was interesting

Comment

^I appreciate the fact you actually drive your m3, not like people who garage it and drive it once a year! I just hope you clean all that salt off afterwords!!

2002 325i - DD
            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
              ^I appreciate the fact you actually drive your m3, not like people who garage it and drive it once a year! I just hope you clean all that salt off afterwords!!
              I do
              I actually washed it Friday morning, when everyone was expecting snow later in the day
              I was the only one in the car wash :)
              I have a touchless car wash near my house
              Only costs $10, so I like to wash her regularly
              So when I do a hand wash, it isn't a pain in the ass to clean the wheels
              Cuz if you wait too long, then it takes ages to get them clean, as the brake dust is all cooked on

It's so much fun to drive, I'd never have this as a garage queen
              That's why I bought one that doesn't have low miles
              So I'm not paranoid about putting miles in her
              She has 196,000 miles
              But totally rebuilt engine, transmission etc
              And I'm slowly working on the suspension
              I still think the E30 is the best looking 3 series ever

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                Wow you could actually move with those tires?? I had falkens ziex 912s on my car one snow year and I couldn't even leave my driveway. These firestone winterforces on all four wheels makes the car drive like an awd! I was scaling some steep hills covered in packed snow and ice, not even a little slippage! Wish I had a nice camera to capture some of the sliding though, there were some pretty awesome spots I found up and down 355 in the frederick/clarksburg area!
                let me tell you, it was tough! 15 minutes of sitting at 3k rpms in third gear to head up the sligh hill sidways. i've got an open diff, so couldnt even get power the left wheel that was on dry pavement as i left my parkign spot. (one way street with parking on the left side) it was a mess until i got to flat ground that had started to thaw.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                X