Collision Repair, Baltimore/Maryland area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collision Repair, Baltimore/Maryland area

It had to happen at somepoint - I was the victim of a hit and run.

Anyone have a collision repair shop in the Maryland/Bmore/DC area that is familiar with e30s? I got one estimate from a reputable shop and parts alone are estimated at 1.5-2x more than genuine parts from PelicanParts. I'm not interested in nickle-and-diming a good shop but I also don't need to be fleeced.

Pm me
    We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by noahsense View Post
      It had to happen at somepoint - I was the victim of a hit and run.

Anyone have a collision repair shop in the Maryland/Bmore/DC area that is familiar with e30s? I got one estimate from a reputable shop and parts alone are estimated at 1.5-2x more than genuine parts from PelicanParts. I'm not interested in nickle-and-diming a good shop but I also don't need to be fleeced.
      Of course they are. Have you never had a contractor work on your house or mechanic work on your car before? Ordering parts takes time, it costs them money. 50% to 100% more on parts is pretty standard. Hell, if you order a part from NAPA, they marked it up that much from the distributor they bought it from. That's not nickel and diming, that's just a standard business practice.

That said, I've met Budnunta in person and he seems like a pretty cool guy. :up:
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        Of course they are. Have you never had a contractor work on your house or mechanic work on your car before? Ordering parts takes time, it costs them money. 50% to 100% more on parts is pretty standard. Hell, if you order a part from NAPA, they marked it up that much from the distributor they bought it from. That's not nickel and diming, that's just a standard business practice.

That said, I've met Budnunta in person and he seems like a pretty cool guy. :up:
        I was under the impression that these shops have wholesale accounts so i'm fine with 100% markup but we're talking 200%+. In anycase, I spoke with them and they told me that they use a software to estimate cost but that parts costs might change if it comes in for less.

Budnunta- PMing you!

Comment

Mr. Budnunta is indeed a cool guy, and well worth contacting. Nevertheless, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to plug Peters Body Shop in Reisterstown. Expensive (so maybe not what you're looking for) but absolutely worth it. I've used them several times; always totally pleased.

Comment

Sorry guys i'm off the market moving back to Australia tomorrow
            We're out there in here.

Comment

Working...
            X