MD NoVa - DIY session Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD NoVa - DIY session Feeler

Hey, all, we had a pretty good meet last time. I'm thinking about getting a enormous tarp thing, and do a DIY session at the same park (great falls).

We can do like a tech day.

Any thoughts?

Dates I'm thinking about, probably end of this month. If there is enough interest I'm gonna set it up.

Oh and post the things you want to do or the things you can help out with, so we can coordinate and I can pick up some parts for people that needs them. Like light bulb, clips etc.

id be interested in going...as far as working on the car i could see either a brake bleeding session or oil change/fluid change session
    e30s r kool

Comment

If I can get the time off, I'd like to go. I vote for the fluid change as well. I'm still kinda new to the E30, so anything else I can learn would be great.
      sigpic89 M3

Comment

fluid change

if you want to do fluid changes and all, we gotta do it at someone place, you wont be able to do taht at the park... soooooooooooooo I'm up for what ever, but I aight got a garage to offer so, someone's gotta chime in on this one if we are going to do it at someone place.

Comment

I could prolly swing something at my house. I do have a garage and a large collection of tools, along with an air compressor and welder. I'm just south of annapolis.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

what can we do at the park? it be nice if we could just get together wherever have a few brews and do whatever to the e30s, whether its fluid changes brake jobs valve jobs or tune ups. euro if we could to it at your place that be tight, and as far as expenses im sure we could get everyone to pitch in.

we just need to see how many people wanna come out. i may know two guys that im friends with that live in the area who would wanna go.

as far as dates go i can do anything except the 29-5th
            lets start a list.

1. me
            e30s r kool

Comment

Any chance we could do it either before or after the Md- NoVA meet? (M42Technik has a thread right next to this one)
              sigpic89 M3

Comment

aight

soo....

Lets set a date...

8th of sepetember. if its okay with e30_325es. (if not okay pick a date and lets do this)

We should start a list and just take a swing at it. or else it'll never happen, who ever shows up, shows up, who ever doesnt then we'll have another one.

Anyone that knows a body shop let me know cause I gotta get my car painted. Other than that, I'm just offering my help. Oh and my gf does upholstery for the e30, I'll bring some shift boot and ebrake boot if anyone is interested.

Comment

I'll bounce that date off my work schedule.

As far as a body shop, I was pleased with Elite Auto Body on 3/301 in Crofton, talk to Jason.
                  John in MD - 1991 318is
                  190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

9th would be better for me.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

9th it is

9th it is.

Can you post a contact, address, and what time you would like people to gather?

Everyone should also post things they are going to work on, so if you dont have the parts, you can hit up anyone who has the good dealership connection, and we can pick it up for you all.

I'll definitely be there, just give me the time.

I may want to do the timing belt, if anyone has extensive experience with this, it would obviously make my life alot easier.

Comment

There's a good chance I'll be taking an airplane down to Oceana, VA to represent my school at an airshow. But, depending on when we get back, I might be able to meet up with you during the day. Any other get-togethers coming up besides m42's in the area? How's the local scene, even though it's hard for me to get time off?
                        sigpic89 M3

Comment

Lets say the 9th at 9am. For now lets just say my zip is 21037 so people can get a general idea. When we get closer, I'll pm my address to confirmed attendies.

I have just a little bit of experience w/ timing belts (7ish).

There isn't much of an e30 scene. Euro scene is a different story, but nothing really local, mostly in NOVA or rockville. Check out euromodder.com for more local info.

Comment

oh... diff install anyone? hehe
                            Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                              oh... diff install anyone? hehe
                              Diff install no problem. Just about anything not much of a problem. I will probably be down, but hoping to take care of most of my car's issues before hand. I dont think you guys want me pulling my trans out down there. However I will offer my e30/bmw/mechanical skills.
                              Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                              X