E30 touring wanted for magazine article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 touring wanted for magazine article

Does anyone in the Washington DC area have an E30 touring (preferably ix) they'd like featured in and article for BMW CCA National Capital Chapter's der Bayerische magazine? I'd like to do a comparison of the E30 touring to the 2015 328xi sport wagon (F31). It'll include a photoshoot, some driving, and possibly some dyno runs on a local AWD dyno. If so, please reach out to me for details. Thanks!

Can assist with a '90 318i malachite green touring, still stock, but this is possibly quite far out as a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Can assist with a '90 318i malachite green touring, still stock, but this is possibly quite far out as a comparison.
      True. Ideally I'd like an iX touring for the comparison. Thanks for the offer though! You're the first local person to respond so I'll keep you updated. :)

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

True. Ideally I'd like an iX touring for the comparison. Thanks for the offer though! You're the first local person to respond so I'll keep you updated. :)
        Might want to ask Manny if he knows anyone with one as there are/were three or so in NoVA that I knew of.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Might want to ask Manny if he knows anyone with one as there are/were three or so in NoVA that I knew of.
          Yep, he gave me a lead that I'm hoping pans out.

Comment

A comparison of each Touring generation would be really neat. E30, E36, E46, E91, & F31. Maybe it would make more sense to do it in Europe where they are more widely available and you could catch the newest gen too.
            Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
              A comparison of each Touring generation would be really neat. E30, E36, E46, E91, & F31. Maybe it would make more sense to do it in Europe where they are more widely available and you could catch the newest gen too.
              Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. Unfortunately I don't have the time, budget (I do this for free, out of pure enjoyment), or contacts to setup such a comparison in Europe. So I figured something local with the E30 and F31 would be interesting. Perhaps I'll attempt to find an E46 as well to split the difference.

Comment

Working...
              X