Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO M50/S50 or M52/S52 Swapped E30 in NE Ohio For Development

Hello fellow mid-west E30 owners,
    I am a design engineer at ECS/Turner Motorsport and I am working on designing an intake for M5X swapped E30s. I am in search of a well swapped E30 that does not have a shaved bay. Car must be willing to be dropped off here at our facility in Wadsworth Ohio for a day where we will remove the existing intake and 3D scan parts of the engine bay. We can provide a loaner car for your use. Once design is complete we may need the car back in to test fit a 3D printed prototype, and then again in a few months once the real prototype is here for test fitment. In return you will get to keep the prototype intake as long as it fits. Please DM me with pictures of your engine bay and your approximate location and we can try to set something up. No guarantees that I can use your car especially if the engine bay is modified beyond what is necessary for the swap.
    Thanks!

Interested in what the objective of the manifold is.

I see that M50 manifolds are up in price and alternatives almost universally suck or are extremely expensive, but they usually fit the e30 depending on booster swaps.

Maybe there's room for power gains from the manifold, but there are a ton of "nice to have" opportunities:

Booster clearance for common swap boosters and stock booster. Stock booster kind of sucks so it would be nice to be able to swap to a dual diaphragm E83/E90 booster primarily.

Fuel Rail mounting. Fit OBD1 and OBD2 rails if possible (not the end of the word if it's one and an adapter though.

Fuel injector specific: Basically make the manifold fit EV14s. They're way better injectors, but are annoying to swap because you need a lower spacer ring to make the oring seal, and an injector hat to meet the rail. So, make the injector bung deep enough to seat an EV14 natively, and make the rail mound 10~11mm lower so you don't need injector hats for a "Standard" length injector. Easy to space it up for people running "Long" length crusty old EV1 or EV6.

Throttle body. Obvious benefits to making stock TB fit, but it would be nice to natively bolt-on a common BBTB or Bosch e-throttle.

~3 extra vacuum ports would be nice on the bottom if this is meant for FI applications.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Hey thanks for the feedback! This project is actually focused around an intake system consisting of a filter, MAF adapter, silicone throttle body boot, and a heat shield for M50/M52 manifolds in E30s with 24V swaps. An intake manifold is certainly on my list of things to design though so I will keep EV14 injector fitment in mind!

Comment

fuck ecs, all my homies use aliexpress

Comment

Working...
        X