Chicago!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that's a sweet find!

Sent from my waffle using nooks and crannies.
    Basaltblau 318i (Sold) Dammit do I miss these cars... Someone sell me one!

2011 VW GTI 6 speed

Comment

Indiana? I believe I recognize that car
      1989 JDM-Tech 2
      2010 335 D for daily

Comment

The car was originally in CT, given the previous owners in IL as a gift - they had it in the city for a few years and recently moved the western suburbs. They only drove it a few hundred miles per year over the past 10 years. Needless to day, I'm ecstatic.
        I had actually been looking for a 1991 318is. So, last Thursday, I'm checking Craigslist, found this car and an '91 318is with 118k miles for $2700. So now, I'm in a bind, my wife would flip if I told her that I was going to buy both cars so I bought the convertible. I still need to get a good all seasons car. My original reason for getting a BMW was because I've been planning to sell my 2002 VW Jetta TDI. I think it would be less controversial if I first sell the VW and then find another 318is - the one on Craigslist was sold...

Where do you guys buy OEM parts ?
        1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

Blunttech can't be beat for OEM stuff. Info on your TDI? I got a buddy looking for one.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
          HSAX Instructor

Comment

Nice buy dude. I said Indiana because when I drive back to Michigan to visit, there's a pole barn on the side of the highway near portage with all older euro cars back there. There was a vert out front that looked just like that. A friend and I stopped over there and asked of we could look around, we said we had cash in hand, but the guy was a straight up dick. Just said no and told us to leave. Oh well.
            1989 JDM-Tech 2
            2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
              Nice buy dude. I said Indiana because when I drive back to Michigan to visit, there's a pole barn on the side of the highway near portage with all older euro cars back there. There was a vert out front that looked just like that. A friend and I stopped over there and asked of we could look around, we said we had cash in hand, but the guy was a straight up dick. Just said no and told us to leave. Oh well.
              I never realized the barn was there till 2 weeks ago when i came back for school. I couldn't believe I passed it up so many times without realizing it was there. He had a bunch of benz and etc sitting out front.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
              Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
                I've stopped there also, my in-laws live 15 mins from there. I wanted to find out the info on a delorean that was out there a few years back. I brought a truck/trailer and a fistful of cash and was also told to get lost. I think it's someone's toy box or they're pretending to be a storage place. I almost stopped again when we saw the e30 cabrio parked outside the fence with the hood popped.
                - Josh
                1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                  I've stopped there also, my in-laws live 15 mins from there. I wanted to find out the info on a delorean that was out there a few years back. I brought a truck/trailer and a fistful of cash and was also told to get lost. I think it's someone's toy box or they're pretending to be a storage place. I almost stopped again when we saw the e30 cabrio parked outside the fence with the hood popped.
                  Only on r3v would so many people have experienced the same guy telling them to get lost...
                  Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Lol, I want to give it try.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
                    Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

We could all do a road trip to that barn in the spring just to freak the guy out.
                      1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

THIS^^^

That's brilliant. But ya why don't we ever do R3V meets in Chicago? I sure as hell know there's enough guys around here that would be down to grab a beer and look at each others e30s. Anybody?
                        sigpic

Originally posted by whiltebeitel
                        Has anyone told you your car sounds like secks? Big, manly, hairy sex, that is. None of that wussy romantic "making love" crap, either.

Comment

Originally posted by PROLAZCO View Post
                          THIS^^^

That's brilliant. But ya why don't we ever do R3V meets in Chicago? I sure as hell know there's enough guys around here that would be down to grab a beer and look at each others e30s. Anybody?
                          I've offered up the clubhouse at my condo complex a few times. There's access to bathrooms and we can grill/booze at will. I'm in 60452.
                          - Josh
                          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

THIS^^^

We had a get together a while back in Lincoln Park. My 1 attempt since was put off due to lack of interest. Cletonius, I am ready to take you up on your offer, even if it is just you and me. How about March 9? It'll give time for the salt to clear off the roads.
                            Last edited by bmw325_num99; 01-29-2013, 12:14 PM. Reason: bad grammar
                            sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
                            1997 M3 (sold)
                            1989 320i Touring (sold)
                            1990 325i (sold)
                            1991 535i/5 (sold)
                            1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
                            http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

I sure as hell know there's enough guys around here that would be down to grab a beer and look at each others e30s.
                              I feel like "e30s" is code for something here...

I guess I would participate in a meatup.

Also, I've got a house with an enormous yard/parking lot, fire pit, multiple grills, huge deck, etc...

Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325_num99 View Post
                                We had a get together a while back in Lincoln Park. My 1 attempt since was put off due to lack of interest. Cletonius, I am ready to take you up on your offer, even if it is just you and me. How about March 9? It'll give time for the salt to clear off the roads.
                                It still snows in March.
                                I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                                Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Working...
                                X