- Josh
    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

urrite

Comment

Subscribed! Didn't know this thread existed til now. Maybe one of these days I'll get to see u guys at some meet or next years vintage fest. Is there a chicago e30 facebook group out there too? if there is, please let me know so i can join the group. Thanks!
        Lael

'88 Lachssilber ///M3
        '89 Zinnoberrot 325i
        '99 Orientblau 528iT

Comment

you could always grab our numbers and hangout, majority of us know each other one way or another unfortunately lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6gen91 View Post
            well supra is bye bye, and just picked up another e30 today! 89 325i 4 door.... quite exciting
            Congrats, pics?
            sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
            1997 M3 (sold)
            1989 320i Touring (sold)
            1990 325i (sold)
            1991 535i/5 (sold)
            1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
            http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

Newbie in the burbs

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this board for a few months but I just subscribed.
              I'm a newbie e30 owner but I've had an E36 then E46 for years.
              This is an '89 325i that isn't quite street legal, its really just a track car.

I've spent the time since putting the engine together (it was in pieces when I got it).
              I have finally put things together (after the track season is over of course) so she won't see much driving over the next few months.
              The engine remains mostly stock: a b25 with 19lb injectors, katcams, vac valve springs, adjustable cam gear, and megasquirt. The chassis is otherwise gutted with a roll cage and some mild suspension work (compared to what i've seen some people have done on here) so she's light and should be a lot of fun once all sorted.

Do any of you know a good place to tune the car in the west burbs. I am going to need some help with the Megasquirt.

PS Pics are from when I went down to Alabama to pick it up in April.
              Attached Files
              working progress...

Comment

Welcome to the Chicago thread. Sweet race car; it will be cool to see it on track. With those tires you should never have to brake for a corner, just turn in! Who are you going to race it with (what organization)? BMW CCA? Midwestern Council?

My buddy takes his 350Z to http://tougefactory.com/ for work and he has been happy there.

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/ comes to mind as well but I do not have any experience with them.

Good luck!
                sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
                1997 M3 (sold)
                1989 320i Touring (sold)
                1990 325i (sold)
                1991 535i/5 (sold)
                1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
                http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

Both places are quite pricey, i can get a base tune on MS if needs be, otherwise i know a few reputable places/ people than can fine tune it. either dyno time or street tunes

Comment

I am excited to join in, I'm glad there are some chicago folks on the forum (it seems most guys are on the east and west coast).

Thanks, she looks cool from afar...

I haven't decided where to track yet. I had hoped to get a few runs this year but I just didn't have time to work on the car and only got it running this month.
                    I have heard good things about the midwestcouncil as well as scca. I may have to try both next year.

In the meantime I need to get the engine running smoothly and try to break it in as much as possible...
                    I'm familiar with fluid. I use to hang out with them years ago (before they moved to their current location) but like 6gen91 said, they tend to run on the pricey end of the spectrum. I know tuning shouldn't be skimped but there's no rush right now.

There are a few odds and ends that still need attention before before I'm ready for tuning so I'll tie up all loose ends first.
                    working progress...

Comment

where exactly are you located?

Comment

I feel like I've seen that car before. Mcscc is a great club with the best cost to track time in the area.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                        HSAX Instructor

Comment

I'm in aurora.
                          I doubt you've seen it :) I've only taken her around the neighborhood a handful of times...
                          working progress...

Comment

I don't mean since you bought it, I mean in the past.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                            HSAX Instructor

Comment

my buddy lives in naperville, has an e30 and im sometimes out there, pm me your numbre!

Comment

PM'ed
                                I actually picked up the car from Alabama :)
                                She'll be 25 in a few months so I'll be registering her as antique so that I can go on short drives and bring her out to one of the meets next year :)
                                working progress...

Comment

Working...
                                X