BMW Mechanic in KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Mechanic in KC

I was just posting to see if there was someone in the KC area that might want to help me out and do a head swap for me. I've got a 91 325i. I already took off the original head and have a new one to swap on. I already bought a head gasket set, timing belt, water pump and headbolts. I just need someone witht he know-how. I'm sick of dicking around with this shop. PM me if you have any reccomendations.

just DIY. its a single slammer, easy peasy to get back into time as well. only way to learn is by doing it :)
    sigpic

Comment

I'd be happy to help you do it. Some of it would be new to me, but I did the timing belt/tenioner/water pump/exhaust gaskets last week. Pretty darn close to just swapping the head at that point. Where are you in KC?
      Originally posted by LJ851
      kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
      ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
      #teamross
      Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
        just DIY. its a single slammer, easy peasy to get back into time as well. only way to learn is by doing it :)
        I'm debating doing that I just don't know if I have all of the necessary tools. Plus, I have 0 experience with BMW. I worked a ton on my 350ci S-10 but that was a lot more plain and straight forward.

Originally posted by kingston View Post
        I'd be happy to help you do it. Some of it would be new to me, but I did the timing belt/tenioner/water pump/exhaust gaskets last week. Pretty darn close to just swapping the head at that point. Where are you in KC?
        That would be awesome. Having someone who knows something about them would be better than nothing. I'm located in Olathe.

Comment

When are you planning on starting this? Also, what kind of tools do you already have? 32mm slim wrench for the water pump? Impact driver? Qualtiy jack and jack stands? Just want to know what stuff I'd need to bring with me...

#teamross

Comment

When are you planning on starting this? Also, what kind of tools do you already have? 32mm slim wrench for the water pump? Impact driver? Qualtiy jack and jack stands? Just want to know what stuff I'd need to bring with me...
            I'm waiting on the head to gethere so maybe a week? I work every day during the week but I need to see when I can get a day off. When is the best time for you? I don't think I have any of that besides Jack stands. A lot of my stuff got stolen at Pitt.

Comment

OK, I work mostly Mon-Friday, so weekends are fine for me.
              I can bring a hydraulic jack, jack stands, torque wrench, 32mm wrench, general sockets, impact driver... I think we'll need a set if female torx sockets, but am not positive about that.

Do you have the head gasket set yet? IIRC, the throttle body gasket is NOT included in that set. You'll want a new timing belt & tensioner, too. It's a good time to replace the water pump, distributor cap and rotor while you're in there.

Cheers!

#teamross

Comment

OK, I work mostly Mon-Friday, so weekends are fine for me.
                I can bring a hydraulic jack, jack stands, torque wrench, 32mm wrench, general sockets, impact driver... I think we'll need a set if female torx sockets, but am not positive about that.

Do you have the head gasket set yet? IIRC, the throttle body gasket is NOT included in that set. You'll want a new timing belt & tensioner, too. It's a good time to replace the water pump, distributor cap and rotor while you're in there.

Cheers!
                I have the headgasket set, Timing belt and tensioner, water pump and headbolts. I'll look into that about the throttle body gasket. I'll also see what the distributor cap and rotor would run me.

Comment

I paid $17.50 for the rotor, and just over $52 for the distributor cap. Bought it from Gutenparts.

Totally missed the stuff in your first post about already having the gaskets, pump, etc. Sorry!

#teamross

Comment

I paid $17.50 for the rotor, and just over $52 for the distributor cap. Bought it from Gutenparts.

Totally missed the stuff in your first post about already having the gaskets, pump, etc. Sorry!
                    It's all good. PM me your contact info and I'll call you or something when I know when I'm avaliable and see if we can work something out.

You can always text me as well: 913 231 2642

Comment

Choo got PM

#teamross

Comment

don't forget to do the cam seal while you're in there

Comment

That' a good call.

#teamross

Comment

Originally posted by two240s View Post
                            don't forget to do the cam seal while you're in there
                            Thanks man. Way ahead of you. ;)

Comment

did this happen already?
                              my 88 325i sedan

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X