Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREE driving school for beginners, including $20 track touring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FREE driving school for beginners, including $20 track touring!

Presented by

North Suburban Sports Car Club

March 17, 2012 at Autobahn Country Club

Joliet, IL

Since 1960, North Suburban Sports Car Club has offered its Indoor Racing School. The Indoor Racing School serves as an orientation to the competition series sanctioned by the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs. The goal of the school is simple - we want you to race with us and the school is the perfect opportunity to arm with the knowledge and guidance to get you and your car ready to hit the track. The school is, and has always been, free of charge for attendees.

This year's Indoor Racing School will be held on Saturday, March 17th at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. Topics covered include basic driving techniques, general car regulations and preparation, and a navigation of the steps needed to get you on track and driving. The morning is spent on these general topics. The afternoon features break sessions with more focused instruction in three areas: Wheel to Wheel Racing, High Speed Autocross, and Work Specialties. Students may choose which breakout session best matches their area of interest.

Throughout the day, information tables will be setup in the members building staffed by NSSCC members ready to answer your questions. Information tables include:

NSSCC Membership
    NSSCC Mentor Program
    Wheel to Wheel Car Classification
    High Speed Autocross Car Classification
    Safety Equipment
    Worker Specialties

After the classroom instruction, students will have the opportunity to participate in track touring sessions on the Full Autobahn Country Club track. This is a great way to experience a road course first hand. The cost for track touring is $20 per driver to offset the cost of track insurance. This fee can be paid by cash or check the day of the event. If you join NSSCC as a new member at the school, the $20 will be deducted from your membership dues!

Please note that all drivers must hold a valid state-issued drivers license - no exceptions. The touring sessions are paced at highway speeds. These are not open track or racing sessions and any wreckless driving will result in that student being removed from the facility. Track touring sessions are weather permitting.

This school has been and continues to be the best value in motorsports. If you are all interested in being part of the road racing scene this is the place to start. Driver, crew, volunteer - we have the information to get you where you want to go. We have over 50 years of experience at your disposal - come out and get involved!

For more event information, contact NSSCC President Brian Garcia:

President@nsscc.org

855-48-NSSCC (855-486-7722)

See You at the Track!

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
    HSAX Instructor

I use a 28" monitor and these photos are way too big for me to comfortably read that post. For the love of god scale these down to a reasonable size.

Also this program looks pretty awesome. Not too often do you find free events to attend.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Originally posted by blunttech
    I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
    Build Thread?

Comment

^ what he said.

Comment

I probably would've been there had I saw this earlier...

Oh well!

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

...only your right foot?
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

If I knew sooner, I would've have done it.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
            Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
              ...only your right foot?
              Apparently they favor automatics and 5Toes.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Not sure why the pics didn't resize here, they did on the other forums I posted it on.

I threw this up too late, I know. I'll throw it up much earlier next year. There is a driving school coming up 4/21 at Black Hawk Farms. I believe its around $160 but you get lots of track tine mixed with classroom, and your assigned an instructor who rides with you for all your on track sessions.

HSAX Instructor

Comment

Annual bump, NSSCC's Indoor Racing School will be held at Autobahn Country Club on Saturday March 16th. More details to follow in the coming weeks.

HSAX Instructor

Comment

DAMN!!!!!!! I don't have a decent car to drive. I don't bring my vert out until spring. I can't wait until my LSx xk is done. I'll see you in 2014.
                    I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                    Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

I'll try and see if I can make it by then. Hopefully I have most of the stuff I need done.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
                      Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

brutal, sucks this is in march every year. my suspension goes on in april!
                        - Josh
                        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

This is a great chance to get lots of good info on getting into motorsports, capped off with some fun track touring. If you want the full experience I suggest the spring drivers school at Blackhawk Farms on April. Thats a full school with tech inspection, full track speeds and one on one instruction in var. lots of track time too.

HSAX Instructor

Comment

so are they having the $20 thing this year again? i only got the half of the info without scrolling my screen back and forth

Comment

yep, classroom is free, track touring is $20, but thats for a couple sessions on the full track at Autobahn.

HSAX Instructor

Comment

Working...
                              X