• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts anyone
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      I'd drive the WRX first before eliminating it, but it sounds like the GTI does pretty much all you need and want. Hard to argue with that.
      We got around to looking at more cars today. We eliminated the mazdaspeed 3. It just looked cheap, the materials were cheap. It was a big disappointment. My mother has a fully loaded new MX5 and it is an excellent car but the speed 3 just wasn't up to quality.

The Subaru dealer didn't have a '11 WRX. The closest they had was a 09 STI 5-door, which honestly is pretty close to a '11 WRX. I was overall impressed but I still hate the looks and the interior feels cheap compared to the GTI. The awd is a huge benefit though. Turbo lag was annoying like expected. They are going to call us when they actually have a '11 WRX so we can see exactly what we would buy. It does have more space then the GTI though so it is an option now.

Exciting days! Yay for new cars!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I'll just leave this here
        Attached Files

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I like drinking too.

Comment

I'm perfectly sober

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

If someone will shrink that image to fit the signature forum rules, I'll give you a hug... New sig? Yes

Comment

Ah, I am not sober.

Comment

No wonder you like drinking too

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
                    I seem to have a different approach to DD than all of you, a DD should be a car thAt when some AHole hits it in a parking lot, etc, you really just don't give a fuck. ...like an 03 s10. or a 500K mile 94 volvo that refuses to die. THOSE are DDs. I have ZERO interest in modifying them other than the requisite maintence to keep them on the road.
                    A dd should be a car that you don't in any way perceive it as in investment, and in no way do you feel inclined to invest anything into it at all except regular maintenance to keep it from A) falling apart in a dangerous way to your health or its longevity, B) keep it road worthy for legal reasons.

BMWs will forever be off of my DD'able list cause I know way too much about them and know things to do and will want to change and modify them if given the chance.
                    on second thought, the only BMW i can foresee myself having as an honest DD would be a 2001 740i 6spd with sport package. BMW did right on that one. That car is absolutely perfect for what it does best. I think the only alteration I could subject one of those to would be a different set of wheels.
                    Agreed.

Current DD stable: 98 Volvo and 86 Volvo. Neither will fucking die.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    what?? why you you post that? not only is it only a 525i with the ridiculously underpowered M50, but it's automatic, over-priced, and riced out.

allow me:

not riced, more powerful/torquey M30B35, and cheaper: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2042968347.html
                    It even also has a trunk spoiler. However, I don't know if it is manual or not.
                    I think you missed the point.

Also, I'm not a big M30 fan. heavy as ferk.

Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
                    I just threw up in my mouth
                    :D

Comment

I like beer too. Makes the epic failure of our football team less....fail-y.

Ah, who am I kidding, I don't give two shits about CU football, I just like beer.

Guys, opinions on E46 M3 rather than S54 swap in an E3X.... GO!
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Guys, opinions on E46 M3 rather than S54 swap in an E3X.... GO!
                        stick with what you have damnit. E46 M3s are like E36 M3s, they break just as much, if not more, exceptions being that they are heavier, better looking, and parts cost much more.

And to get them to sound good legally, you're looking at $8000+

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          stick with what you have damnit. E46 M3s are like E36 M3s, they break just as much, if not more, exceptions being that they are heavier, better looking, and parts cost much more.

The better looking + possibility of still finding a CPO car are what I'm interested in. If it breaks, and is CPO, it doesn't matter much, now does it?
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post

I agree to this 100%:hitler:
                            sigpic
                            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                            " enjoy the show "

Comment

The better looking + possibility of still finding a CPO car are what I'm interested in. If it breaks, and is CPO, it doesn't matter much, now does it?
                              Will only be CPOed for so long, and their warranties aren't always that great...

stick with what you have through grad school, then when you get a real job and can afford to buy one in cash, buy the cleanest low miles E46 M3 that you can afford. You'll save tons of skrilla this way, trust me.

Comment

or just say fukitall and buy a Z4MC :D

Comment

Working...
                                X