Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't judge sam. You know it looks great, and the same look can be achieved with proper suspension...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      I couldn't do it man. how stripped out is your track car? My E30 has zero sound deadning, no heater, almost no rubber in the suspension, huge tires, manual brakes and steering, fixed back seats that are bolted to the floor and an exhaust system that is 102db at 3,000 rpm.:loco:

I drove it on the highway for an hour each way today to get to the inspection station with ear plugs in, gloves and a beanie, and a towel to wipe down the windshield. By the time I got back home i was ready to punch babies it sucked so bad! hopping into the brand new MINI, i just let out a sigh or relief! normal cars are sooo great!
      My car's not nearly that ridiculous. It's got rear seat/insulation/etc crap delete mod, roll bar, 6pts, fixed back seat hard bolted to the floor, catback, intake, TCK D/A suspension with 650 lb springs all around, and sticky rubber, but that's about it. Still have the headliner, door cards, carpet, stereo.

I'm not turning it into a full track car until I have a truck and trailer, if even then. I want it to be a DD-able track car like the GT3 RS. That's the direction mine's going in.

Don't get me wrong though, it's far nicer to drive my Scoobaru around. It's in the shop though, so....yea. DDing the M3.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
        Clark, remember last night how I said I wanted something comfy to DD... Not something to trick out or worry about, but something comfy I can throw my stereo in and DD and shit... and then totally rat out the e30 into an uncomfortable loud piece of eyesore?

Holy fuck, do want
        Can you say stancewerks?
        89 325i (Sold)
        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

I'd light it on fire and drive it into a wall before I join that movement

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Ben, that E28 does look all kinds of good, but its just a little too low for my taste, and in light of it's desired duty to be a DD, it's definitely too low. Also I think 18s are too big for an E28. Staggered 17" style 32s and some aggressive lowering springs/CG coilovers are perfect on an E28 imho

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              S54 is one of the best sounds ever. Here is an example with straight pipes on a CSL. Pretty much F1 sound.

TURN IT UP!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qju9iEFqp3Y
              Turns out that that car actually has a supercharger on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSqH-V2P1U
              89 325i (Sold)
              95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                Turns out that that car actually has a supercharger on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSqH-V2P1U
                I take back what I said.

Holy christ. Do want.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

If I bought an e28, It'd get simple springs and shocks, and most likely some style 5s

Comment

I wonder..... it's possible to S50/2 an E28, right? (Sam, Rolando, I'm e-looking at you)

So it stands to reason....S54 E28 DD on ASTs/GCs?
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

If you can stick an LS7 into a Miata, I believe anything is possible with enough will power, time, and money. I'd rock an e28 all stock save for suspension, wheels and tires... Prolly throw a TCD kit on it for a little more go, but at that point, you're missing the point of a DD

Comment

If you can stick an LS7 into a Miata, I believe anything is possible with enough will power, time, and money. I'd rock an e28 all stock save for suspension, wheels and tires... Prolly throw a TCD kit on it for a little more go, but at that point, you're missing the point of a DD
                        Fair enough, but I'm fairly certain it's as easy of a swap as doing an S50 swan in an E30 is.

What do you mean by missing the point? It's totally possible to have a DD that's fast.....
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I know, which is why people buy STis, or 335s and shit... Fast, quiet, and comfortable.. Start with an e28. Good DD... Add suspension, though minor, might upset ride quality. Still ok... Wheels with less sidewall means less comfortable ride, still could be ok. Boosting a car pretty much means you have to do exhaust, and even if you try hard to quiet it down, it'd still be a new animal.. Where do you draw the line? Or... How do you define a DD? This is my thoughts on what a DD should be in the general sense...

MY DD I wanna build... Built motor STi, rotated GT30, FMIC, suspension, wheels, tires... Full interior, sound deadening, stereo.

Comment

MY DD I wanna build... Built H6 motor Manwagon, rotated GT35R, FMIC, suspension, wheels, tires... Full interior, sound deadening, stereo.
                            My ideal.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

yep S50 in an E28 has been done, i have seen it on myE28.com, but don't feel like searching for it atm.

and Ben, i agree w/ simple stock E28 with springs, shocks, and wheels. The one I sold would have been ideal with the addition of Spax springs and bilstien sport shocks. It had the 16x8 style 5s, which are more aggressive than stock, but nicer on the bumps than 17s.

Comment

A *real* *true* DD would be a safe and reliable car imo. No mods and speed is irrelevant.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X