X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
    I can't give away all my secrets! LOL

I have a circuit of about 6 that I hit up. The Denver upullandpay normally has some stuff, nothing great though. I occasionally head to the aurora one. 60th and federal (i forget the name) has been a gold mine for me...
    Dude there is two I go to that no one here ever goes or will. I can go one time pick stuff then go back in couple weeks and shit still intact. Except I will find a beaner taking my shit ha ha.
    sigpic
    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
    " enjoy the show "

Comment

man, there is no way I can stay ontop of the junkyards like you guys do.... When I do head down to a yard, its always been picked clean by you blokes.... ;)

so anyway... snow ftw!! almost no traffic this morning, so it was 40 minutes of snow rally on the way to work!

And Roland, the only things I have to add to what to look for on an M20 E30 is oil leaks, rear shock mounts (have they ripped through?), make sure the odo is still working or it can have a whole lot more than 208k (which by the way is cherry for an M20), AND check for white smoke from the tailpipe on a cold start, and while revving cold. Also check for frame rail damage in the engine bay. This bit me in the ass once.

Make sure the heat works, make sure the temp needle doesn't do crazy stuff, i.e make sure it reaches a stable operating temp. That's all I can think of for now.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
        Dude there is two I go to that no one here ever goes or will. I can go one time pick stuff then go back in couple weeks and shit still intact. Except I will find a beaner taking my shit ha ha.
        your secrets will be safe with me....

Comment

also, not sure who wanted to find an unguarded parking lot, i think it was cloudbase, but every winter some CUSCC people go out for parking lot hoonage, so I will ask Clark if he has something planned. ("clarkkeysomething" on this forum)

Comment

Just so everyone knows, if you get caught by a cop hooning in a parking lot (aka private property) you WILL get a reckless driving ticket and likely a trespassing citation. The cops take a very dim view of hooning, even if you can explain it as "improving my winter driving skills."

I'd imagine the same penalty can result from hooning on the street, but it's easier to say "I lost control" if you're not being super obvious.

I've had quite a few friends get busted, so picking a proper parking lot is quite important.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Which is why you only do it in a lot owned by a good friend.

Then when the cops come, they're the ones trespassing. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                also, not sure who wanted to find an unguarded parking lot, i think it was cloudbase, but every winter some CUSCC people go out for parking lot hoonage, so I will ask Clark if he has something planned. ("clarkkeysomething" on this forum)
                The world is my parking lot!

I think it was MonkeyTaco. Actually I've got a great one out at DIA that has limited access so there is always plenty of room.
                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post

Sounds like you haz a hookup........
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post

I demand you share or

Not really, but it would be fun to find a good spot. I have access to a small one owned by a friend, speeds are very slow (20mph is about max without worrying about crunching into anything).
                    Last edited by monkeytaco; 12-31-2010, 10:04 AM.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      Sounds like you haz a hookup........
                      yup, 30 miles from your house lol.

Comment

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

That price is laughable.

in fact,

That's about $2k more than it should be for a 235kmi iX. The transfer case doesn't last forever, and it's a matter of when rather than if the next owner will need to replace it.

Fancy two tone upholstery does not add value.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

4 door 5 speed iX! how rare are those?
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              4 door 5 speed iX! how rare are those?
                              Around here? They're unusual but not rare.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

iX's have been climbing in value lately it seems...

Comment

Working...
                                X