This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post

this is tempting, nothing to dislike about an extra 60 horses, but the price is a little steep, the same package (motor/tranny) can be had at upullandpay for $350.

EDIT: HOWEVER, it is true that at the junkyard you have no idea what you are getting, and here you know exactly what you are getting, which is very valuable. I would prob pay $500 for the motor + tranny if I was in the market and had money. Then I can be cool like Monkeytaco.
    Last edited by iamsam; 12-31-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

As we conferenced, I maintain the $500 for motor + however much for the (weak) transmission is definitely a good price, were I in the market.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        ...that's because I have been collecting them all and storing them in my vast underground bunker.
        can i get a tour of said bunker?
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          can i get a tour of said bunker?

it's a secret bunker. The plan is to make the E30 so rare that they skyrocket in value, and then I will slowly sell off one at a time.

Comment

So.... Sam I went to check out the alpine 318is an the car looks pretty good and the motor makes no noice..... couple more people are Goin tomorrow but man I did like it, also the guy is pretty firm on the price but seems like his wife tells him what to do 'cause she was pretty rude when I called. He told me he would check with his wife for the offer I gave him...lolz
            sigpic
            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
            " enjoy the show "

Comment

I got Hans, I could maybe meet up sometime tomorrow or sunday. I will post up tomorrow morning when I know.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                this is tempting, nothing to dislike about an extra 60 horses, but the price is a little steep, the same package (motor/tranny) can be had at upullandpay for $350.

EDIT: HOWEVER, it is true that at the junkyard you have no idea what you are getting, and here you know exactly what you are getting, which is very valuable. I would prob pay $500 for the motor + tranny if I was in the market and had money. Then I can be cool like Monkeytaco.
                You can only be cool like me if your engine/trans costs less than mine ($250 final cost after selling the 528 and some more of it's parts). :-D

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

325ix and Monkey Taco - You guys want to do a little photo shoot tomorrow. I'll be down that way for an appointment at 1:00. 3 white E30's in the snow... I could do 12:00 before hand or say 2:30ish.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                    325ix and Monkey Taco - You guys want to do a little photo shoot tomorrow. I'll be down that way for an appointment at 1:00. 3 white E30's in the snow... I could do 12:00 before hand or say 2:30ish.

I see what's going on here... an I thought you were cool... hating on other colors???

;)I kid I kid.... where!!???
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                      First mountain post of the new year woooo!

After would be better for me, the kiddos will be napping and I can get away for a bit. Mine is quite dirty, but I'm not washing it with these cold temps, the doors will freeze shut!

Dirty photos ahoy! Wait, that sounded bad. whatever lol

Comment

I may be able to do 2:30ish, i'm not sure. I do know that i can't go very far north.

Comment

2:30 works for me. I don't know that area well, any suggestions?
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

i would be down if i didn't have to be at dinner downtown at 4
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

We could meet in the best buy parking lot right at Colorado and Mexico? Then find someplace cool?

Comment

At 282,8XX miles, the Volvo has unfortunately developed a cold knock.

Fingers crossed that I can make it to 300k miles before it punches a hole in the side of the engine block.

Comment

Working...
                                X