Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you guys are in then we need to talk details to see if I want to do it.

1. Price
    2. Part stoarge - I *might* be able to cram an engine in my garage
    3. Loctaton of swap - I don't have to tools (I share with my friend)
    4. I am serious, but it wouldn't be till summer/fall.

Feel free to pm each other then pm me :)

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
      If you guys are in then we need to talk details to see if I want to do it.

1. Price
      2. Part stoarge - I *might* be able to cram an engine in my garage
      3. Loctaton of swap - I don't have to tools (I share with my friend)
      4. I am serious, but it wouldn't be till summer/fall.

Feel free to pm each other then pm me :)
      1. If you want to get a few estimates and then negotiate from there like you did with the supercharger, I think that would work best.
      2. I've got plenty of space, and an engine stand. Won't be a problem.
      3. Two car garage at my place is all mine, I promise I'll clean it up before then. I do have the necessary tools, or at least most of them. It's generic stuff really.
      4. That's quite alright with me. Should have the volvo build done by then. :D

Comment

Brad, you can count me in for help too. I'd be keen to help and learn. I plan on doing an S5x swap for sure at some point. I bet if you had cash in hand you could score that S52 in the COS for much less than he's asking. That's almost plug and play IIRC.

Roland once we help you get that plane, I'll help teach you to fly it!
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

S50's are much easier because it is OBDI already. Honestly I will be willing to do either, it all depends on the engine I find.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

i wanna help!!!

Comment

I have every tool you can imagine. Let's do this.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Hey

We should go skiing again! oh wait, I am stuck back in MD - The land of the short mountains and ice gravel.. Anyway, it was nice to see more BMW friendly people, since I am surrounded by Nissan and mustang lovers..

Word.

PS. This is Sam's friend, Sam. All the way from Ceciltucky maryland.

See below= putting a fresh M20 into the world's most problematic E30 (and yes eventually it will have something better, but for now it'll have to do)

Manhandling into position

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                  I have every tool you can imagine. Let's do this.
                  I'm in to help!

And then let's swap my Subaru!

Originally posted by Finn View Post
                  Hey

We should go skiing again! oh wait, I am stuck back in MD - The land of the short mountains and ice gravel.. Anyway, it was nice to see more BMW friendly people, since I am surrounded by Nissan and mustang lovers..

Word.

PS. This is Sam's friend, Sam. All the way from Ceciltucky maryland.

See below= putting a fresh M20 into the world's most problematic E30 (and yes eventually it will have something better, but for now it'll have to do)

Manhandling into position
                  It was great meeting you man!
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Comment

Yeah, it was good meeting all of you all too. If you all need stuff from MD, let me know. I might be up for another roadtrip to CO...

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
                        Yeah, it was good meeting all of you all too. If you all need stuff from MD, let me know. I might be up for another roadtrip to CO...

That would be awesome!!

Get your E30 done and cruise out here this summer and we can do a track day or autocross or something!!

Comment

Hey guys, for you who go to junkyards often, please please Please keep an eye out for a Subaru SVX (bonus if 96+) with a complete (good, no holes in block) motor. I'm very close to pulling the trigger and doing that swap. If the motor is known to run/can be checked, I'd be super happy.

Thanks guys! Or just let me know where y'all go and I'll make a weekend expedition out of it.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            Hey guys, for you who go to junkyards often, please please Please keep an eye out for a Subaru SVX (bonus if 96+) with a complete (good, no holes in block) motor. I'm very close to pulling the trigger and doing that swap. If the motor is known to run/can be checked, I'd be super happy.

Thanks guys! Or just let me know where y'all go and I'll make a weekend expedition out of it.

;)
                            sigpic
                            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                            " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                              ;)

Here's why I want that:

(that's stock motor, aftermarket mufflers)

Now imagine a similar motor (stock revs to 7800rpm) in the Manwagon.

Also, the swap is dirt cheap.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for ya!!
                                sigpic
                                HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                                " enjoy the show "

Comment

Working...
                                X