Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that would be cool, except I've got a 318 which has the 240 so i doubt it would work to swap the tails. Plus I want to use the larger guibo that is on the zf and the beefier driveshaft. But I'm also looking for cheap, so I'm willing to try anything!

Right now I'm driving a big fat e39 528, which is the engine donor, and I can't wait to get my e30 goin because the 528 is already quick.

My plan is to gather all the parts and complete the swap in a week once I have them all. Watch craigslist, I got my oil pan, pickup, dipstick and tube for $80! I have an extra driver side engine mount if you need one, I got it for $15 and its yours for the same if you want it.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
      that would be cool, except I've got a 318 which has the 240 so i doubt it would work to swap the tails. Plus I want to use the larger guibo that is on the zf and the beefier driveshaft. But I'm also looking for cheap, so I'm willing to try anything!

Right now I'm driving a big fat e39 528, which is the engine donor, and I can't wait to get my e30 goin because the 528 is already quick.

My plan is to gather all the parts and complete the swap in a week once I have them all. Watch craigslist, I got my oil pan, pickup, dipstick and tube for $80! I have an extra driver side engine mount if you need one, I got it for $15 and its yours for the same if you want it.
      the 240 and 260 are the same except they have different ratios. I check that CL all the time and find crap!! so I might end up buying from a forum member they usually go for 150 and everything is cleaned up. All the guys from here in Co are cool easy to get along with they can help with what they can I'm just saying okay!!:giggle:... and the E-mount is from the e28 right?
      sigpic
      HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
      " enjoy the show "

Comment

Sorry, i meant the mount bracket, the rubber mounts I have are the e28 m5 mounts, which are a little different from the normal e28 mounts. No need for spacers on the m5 mounts, and they are stiffer!

I'm planning to head to the march 27th autocross event with either the e30 - if i can get it done - or my e39 if i can't. Maybe I'll see some of the rest of the CO guys there?

Comment

Sorry, i meant the mount bracket, the rubber mounts I have are the e28 m5 mounts, which are a little different from the normal e28 mounts. No need for spacers on the m5 mounts, and they are stiffer!

I'm planning to head to the march 27th autocross event with either the e30 - if i can get it done - or my e39 if i can't. Maybe I'll see some of the rest of the CO guys there?
          Yeah most of the guys go there I can't I gotta work all the time. I need alot of stuff for mine, anyway I am in no hurry my car still runs good with the exception of no 3rd gear. what year is your 318i?
          sigpic
          HyperWerkz

" enjoy the show "

Comment

The 318 is a 91, alpine white, and ready for its new engine!

Comment

The 318 is a 91, alpine white, and ready for its new engine!
              nice.. what you do with the m42?
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

" enjoy the show "

Comment

I'm attempting to part out the m42 on craigslist, already sold the head and starter, and have the rest of it left. I plan on posting everything I have in the FS area, but I'm a lazy mofo and haven't taken pics yet.

need anything from it? :)

Comment

I have two M42 cars, there has got to be something I need....

Comment

I gotta get my driveshaft! you know you need m42 parts....

Comment

My car is FREE!!!! I finally got it out of the ice!!!

All it took was 40 lbs of ice melt and about 3 hours if chipping, I am so excited!!

Sorry I just had to tell someone

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                      Originally posted by Chachi
                      young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

NICE!

I almost fell on my ass this morning....my driveway is practically a slab of ice.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                          just keep checking the parts for sale forum here, CL, and check the www.upullandpay.com inventory regularly.
                          540i in the upullandpay......Also a few M30, M50 cars.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I've been to the denver one, didn't have time to pull the diff from the 528 to see if it was lsd, but from the e36 325 i got an extra motor mount for my brother who's doing an m50 swap. I've been thinking of making the run to the CoSprings one and seeing what I can find...

Comment

Congrats Sean

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                              Originally posted by DTM190
                              "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

apparently the one here in the springs isn't very good, but i've never been. They also have an online invertory
                                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X