• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, my seat backs are about to fall off and I don't know how to fix it :(

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
      Yeah, my seat backs are about to fall off and I don't know how to fix it :(
      I dunno. Are there clips that can be replaced?
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Who knows. I might venture in there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
          Lakewood Brake and Exaust, 10th & Wads, excellent private shop. No Midas "i cant do that" BS. The 2 others i knew about closed this year.
          Yep, they're pretty much the same as Jeff @ Boulder muffler. Usually do pretty good work.

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
          Dudes, I got impulsive today. Emailed a guy about an E36 M3 that is mildly track prepped (more auto cross really). '95, 190K miles, Koni S/A shocks, harness bar, few other mods. Thinking with tax return coming and possibly selling my E30 I could swing it. I don't want to sell the E30, but I might be reluctantly willing to to have something more usable on the track.
          hmmm what color?

Roland told me there are...19? bushing in the rear. I would check those out.
          Yeah, the main ones that you need to look for are the two trailing arm bushings and the 2 balljoints (one on each side on the 1995 trailing arms).

Yeah, and here I don't want to replace the six that are in the subframe/TA, lol. Lazy me.
          I'd much rather do E36 bushings, soo much easier. :)

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          Damn and blast.

Brad outninja'd the ninja.
          Seems to happen everytime someone posts something you want to buy. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            Damn and blast.

Brad outninja'd the ninja.

It would be temporary. I am waiting patiently for Iannfld's seats but with summer nearly here I can't stand black leather much longer.

I might have to do the one thing I always swore I will never do with a car. Sheepskin seat covers!

Comment

Roland, it's the black one in the RM CCA flier.
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Just got an email from the seller. It's long gone. Sigh of relief in a way so my E30 work can press on...
                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Warning - this post is just a pissed off rant...

Why the heck did BMW give up the full size spare? Naturally, every one I have ever owned has had one, and I've never had a flat....until yesterday, when I was driving the e46 from Denver to Calgary (1100 miles, one day!). Blew out the sidewalk around the Montana/wy border and opened the trunk to find a dummy spare. It took all my will power to no beat the #%*# out of the damn car with the lug wrench I was holding! Oh , and good luck finding a 255/35/18 tire in either of those states. Apparently I'd you dont drive a massive truck, they don't carry tires for you!

Ok, rant ended, and I'm buying a full size spare for the drive back!

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post

Why the heck did BMW give up the full size spare? Naturally, every one I have ever owned has had one, and I've never had a flat....until yesterday, when I was driving the e46 from Denver to Calgary (1100 miles, one day!). Blew out the sidewalk around the Montana/wy border and opened the trunk to find a dummy spare. It took all my will power to no beat the #%*# out of the damn car with the lug wrench I was holding! Oh , and good luck finding a 255/35/18 tire in either of those states. Apparently I'd you dont drive a massive truck, they don't carry tires for you!

Oh that sucks! I hope it works out and you somehow find a tire.

Comment

We are now at war with Libya.... :(

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post

Dude that sucks! So not cool. If you get stranded and need a buddy pass, hit me up.
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Whats up guys new here with my 325is. Will get some pictures up today before I start tearing it apart. Had a question about the power windows though, does the switch normally go bad? the old owner said his dad thought it was just the switch but I just want to make sure there wasnt a weak spot that was a normal problem. thanks for any help

Comment

The switches are known to go bad, although so is everything else in the door.

The easiest way to tell is to swap the passenger switch.

You can also try pressing about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down on the switch to activate it at a different contact point. My 87is had a switch that would work if I gently pushed it about 1/2 way.
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

i think im having the same switch problem with my sunroof.. unless its the motor
                              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                                i think im having the same switch problem with my sunroof.. unless its the motor
                                Probably your motor. Mine does similar things with the sunroof. Is it slow at all? If it's slow then it's the motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X