This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
    Hey Eric forgot to show you, if you end up buying the benz... maybe you can slap this engine in there..
    what motor is that? I'm going to stop by the body shop tomorrow to see what the shop owner can do on the parts (return, etc) But I'm afraid that they might want too much cash for that old thing.:(

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Chris, what's the red thing in your front grill? Transponder?

Also, what splitter? Looks like a blast!
    Looks like a transponder.

Chris - what track is that?

This weekend went buy WAY to fast! It's always nice to be with family. We were at the garden of the gods, and I saw the sign for Pikes Peak, so on a whim, we drove up to the summit. HOLY BALLS that is high! We were in t-shirts and shorts which was nice for garden of the gods, but not for the summit. After a dash inside the souvenir shop/restaurant, both my wife and I were drunk from the lack of oxygen, while my 2 year old son went bizerk running around the whole store! I don't know if he's an astronaut at night after we put him to bed or what, but less oxygen for him meant more energy!

Also, I watch the Sienna documentary on the plane flights home. What an amazing story, and although 1/2 of it was in french or spanish/portuguese/italian, I was glued to the screen the entire time. You guys really need to see this film!
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      Chris, what's the red thing in your front grill? Transponder?

Also, what splitter? Looks like a blast!
      Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Looks like a transponder.

Chris - what track is that?
      Since Chris is MIA:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's a transponder.

Splitter looks to be the Reiger LTW replica splitter sold by NA motorsport. Good for looks, but doesn't take hits too well.

Track is Motorsports Park Hastings (in Nebraska).

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
        Splitter looks to be the Reiger LTW replica splitter sold by NA motorsport. Good for looks, but doesn't take hits too well.

Track is Motorsports Park Hastings (in Nebraska).
        yes, mine lasted about 6 days before shattering into pieces when attached to the old M5.

and of course a big version of my sig...

Motorsports Park Hastings = MPH... Thanks!

So in the Springs/Denver area these are the semi local tracks
        HPR
        Pikes Peak
        Pueblo
        MPH
        Miller in utah???

Any others?

Comment

Motorsports Park Hastings = MPH... Thanks!

So in the Springs/Denver area these are the semi local tracks
          HPR
          Pikes Peak
          Pueblo
          MPH
          Miller in utah???

Any others?
          That's about it really. Hallet and Heartland are the next two closest I think, and those are quite the drive.

Comment

^I think that about cover's it. They are building something similar to Miller in New Mexico, it's going to be called Sandia. There is one in Tulsa (on the way for you) that I was looking at. NASA is having an HPDE there next month. Love the M5 pic!

Glad you guys had a great weekend. I spend it working the max legal block hours in 5 days. I was so tired I got in the shower with my underwear on this morning. It was a 4 shot espresso day!

Finally put together a build post on my blog and semi-build thread here. Nothing new to anyone in the Mountain section. Links:

My first BMW was a 1987 325is that I bought sight-unseen from a shirtless man with a mullet. How did I know he was a shirtless man with a mu...

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
              ^I think that about cover's it. They are building something similar to Miller in New Mexico, it's going to be called Sandia.
              My buddy was telling me about that. He is about an hour from Arroyo Secco Raceway.

Here are some shots of him in his 323i this weekend

Google Maps shows Arroyo Secco about 4 hours from the springs... not too bad!

Comment

There's still talk about "Ring around the Rockies" but who knows if that'll EVER become a reality...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                Originally posted by DTM190
                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Also, anyone here capable of "simple" shit on photoshop? Just looking to have my current sig redone w/ the red rubber stamp style of type that says SOLD across it

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                    There's still talk about "Ring around the Rockies" but who knows if that'll EVER become a reality...
                    If it does, you, I, and Joe Schmoe racer won't be driving on it.

I highly doubt any of the proposed motor sport country clubs ever go through though. There's a lot of stuff (that I'm not really to keen on disclosing about them) that put the odds of any of those projects moving forward any time soon at very slim.

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                    Also, anyone here capable of "simple" shit on photoshop? Just looking to have my current sig redone w/ the red rubber stamp style of type that says SOLD across it
                    nope. :(

Comment

like so?

Comment

Awesome Boosted, thanks. And yeah Rolad, I know.... But if they did Ring Around the Rockies it'd eventually be open to public

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          I highly doubt any of the proposed motor sport country clubs ever go through though. There's a lot of stuff (that I'm not really to keen on disclosing about them) that put the odds of any of those projects moving forward any time soon at very slim.
                          hippies/EPA

That's what killed the proposed motorsport complex in Atwater CA.

Comment

what motor is that? I'm going to stop by the body shop tomorrow to see what the shop owner can do on the parts (return, etc) But I'm afraid that they might want too much cash for that old thing.:(
                            that is a 2.8 m110..
                            sigpic
                            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                            " enjoy the show "

Comment

Can somebody PM me Ross' number?

Comment

So, I was out driving today with Lambo and I noticed that my car was having a hell of a time keeping up with his car. I was following him and from a red light I was full throttle in 2 & 3 just to keep up with him. He said he wasn't all out, but was giving it a good bit of gas. For the life of me I can't figure out why I had so much trouble following him.

His car has no trunk tar, spare or passenger seat, but has the sub. He is also noticeably bigger than I am. He said that it was a 3.71 diff and had the mark d 91 octane chip.

My car has trunk tar, the spare, a passenger seat, and is an ix, but no sub box of any sort and I have crappy IE headers. It is somewhat tired and throws a check engine light occasionally, but I didn't think that would make that big of a difference. I have a cap, rotor, plugs, wires, coil and an O2 sensor on the way. Is that going to even the odds somewhat? I also have a 3.91 diff. Would the chip make a big difference?

I am in the process of buying this chip

He says that it will run on 91 or 93 octane. On Mark's site it only says 93 octane, 7000rpm, or 19lb injectors. Can you run this chip with 91?

Comment

Working...
                                X