Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like not having to wear a real coat in the winter. That is a plus. My softshell made it though all three winters so far. No more huge coat ftw!

Talking about weather makes me feel like im a grandpa.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I liked winter like, 2 or 3 seasons ago? It was dry and semi-warm down here most of the season, and the mountains got raped with snow... Epic...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
        I liked winter like, 2 or 3 seasons ago? It was dry and semi-warm down here most of the season, and the mountains got raped with snow... Epic...
        That describes this winter... perfectly...

Comment

Hardly... The mountains didn't get enough snow

Give me this past winter's conditions down on our level, and in the mountains, give me snow and cold and overcast and GOOD GOOD boarding days

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
            That describes this winter... perfectly...

Give me this past winter's conditions down on our level, and in the mountains, give me snow and cold and overcast and GOOD GOOD boarding days
            I'm with Roland, the mountains got DUMPED on. Hell, resorts opened up again in May because there was so much snow, and A Basin was open through 7/4 and maybe beyond. That's happened twice in 20 years.

Not really sure what you're referring to, Ben...this winter was nuts in the mountains.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was beyond record snow fall.

Comment

Hmmm... I guess when I went it was decent, I just seem to remember like... a PERFECT season a few years back...

Comment

Too lazy to search. How do I install drop hats? I assume I need to remove the spring, which involves a spring compressor and all that BS. Probably cant be done without taking the strut housing out of the car?

Comment

Throw them at the car... installed. :)

Comment

the fuk are you on about... this has probably been the best, if not, the second best season of the century. A Basin was open on July 4th.. I hit 5 powder days in March/April, and one in December. Phenomenal conditions.

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Too lazy to search. How do I install drop hats? I assume I need to remove the spring, which involves a spring compressor and all that BS. Probably cant be done without taking the strut housing out of the car?
                      Housing has to come out, spring compressors and impact wrench are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                        Housing has to come out, spring compressors and impact wrench are mandatory.
                        Not worth it then.

Comment

I like the warm. I don't enjoy the hot, but I can definitely handle it better than the cold. I have to wear two pairs of gloves and socks when boarding with warmers to keep from freezing to death. My hands get so cold it honestly hurts.

Comment

All this weather talk makes me feel old and grumpy.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I love it

Comment

It's entertaining watching you guys talking about winter! Try living in Canada! Colorado winter is WARM!

You know it's cold when:

No block heater, no start
                                Half tank of fuel = frozen fuel lines
                                You drive to work, and the temp gauge doesn't move (heated seats ftw!)
                                You have flat spots on your tires for days cause they are frozen that way!
                                Gas shocks = rigid, car rides like wagon
                                -40 washer fluid freezes

I could keep going.....

Comment

Working...
                                X