Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David, when's the alignment scheduled for?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      dang they look nice. I wish I had some for my E30...
      same.
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
        David, when's the alignment scheduled for?
        isn't yet. Still working out some kinks first. All in good time..... Going to order some star specs for the car too while I'm getting tire source to align it.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Learned some chemistry today. Apparently Styrofoam and gasoline do not mix...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

:puppy:

:shock:
            sigpic
            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
            " enjoy the show "

Comment

That is a good way to make napalm, turns into a gel like substance and burns for a long ass time...

Comment

We didn't intend to do that. We were changing a fuel filter and expected a few drips of fuel and it gushed and that was the closest thing. It didn't even occur to us.

On another note, I just replaced my o2 sensor and a I am still getting a cel. The sensor was old and I thought that was my problem. Any ideas? It doesn't always come one, only when the throttle is being pressed. Sometimes the idle stays a little higher when coming to a stop at a traffic light, but not always. Is an intake leak a likely culprit? Or something fuel related. Occasionally you can smell a little bit of fuel coming from the engine bay. Fuel pressure regulator maybe?

Comment

I would say start replacing parts that have been there for its time being.. best way to have a better car, sucks being in HS cause no money!!!!
                  sigpic
                  HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                  " enjoy the show "

Comment

Today is alignment day

I am getting an alignment today now that I have the coilovers straightened out. My question is should i get it done with max camber, min camber, or does it even matter. Sorry if that is a stupid question. Because I change the camber around on the car between race and DD, i dont care if i go to a place that can set that for me.
                    My thoughts are that no camber would be better, but then again the back of my mind says that it shouldn'y matter if they cannot change it anyways.

1989 325i Alpine White
                    69 STX

Comment

Camber isn't really an issue, toe is your enemy

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                      Originally posted by DTM190
                      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
                        I am getting an alignment today now that I have the coilovers straightened out. My question is should i get it done with max camber, min camber, or does it even matter. Sorry if that is a stupid question. Because I change the camber around on the car between race and DD, i dont care if i go to a place that can set that for me.
                        My thoughts are that no camber would be better, but then again the back of my mind says that it shouldn'y matter if they cannot change it anyways.
                        This is a VERY bad mis conception about coil overs and camber plates etc. the whole "adjust at the track, then adjust for DD" thing just doesn't work.

If you set your camber and toe for a street setting, then dump the camber down at the track, the suspension design produces toe out. This makes the car twitchy and unstable.

The second problem is that your never going to get the setting back to where the alignment shop set it at, so your just waisting your $$$ on this current alignment if your going to go futzing with it later.

Like bishop said, negative camber isn't too bad on tires, but toe is, so set the car up the way you want it now with decent neg camber for both street driving and track driving and then don't mess with it.

That is the sacrifices you have to make with a dual purpose car! Make the car a track only thing and you can have more agresssive alignment done. Or understand that your going to pay for a higher than average tire replacement cost.
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                          I would say start replacing parts that have been there for its time being.. best way to have a better car, sucks being in HS cause no money!!!!
                          Yeah I would love to start replacing everything I can, but I don't want to waste money replacing things that don't need it. When I stop at a light, the idle will sometimes stay at about 950-1000 rpms. Is this an intake leak? Does anyone know where I can get a smoke test done in the Castle Rock area?

Comment

MrMini, just align it for ~-2.5-3 degrees of negative camber with 0 toe, and don't mess with it. That range is still streetable (closer to 2.5 obv, but 3 too) and handles great. I'm running -2.8 on the M3.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                              Yeah I would love to start replacing everything I can, but I don't want to waste money replacing things that don't need it. When I stop at a light, the idle will sometimes stay at about 950-1000 rpms. Is this an intake leak? Does anyone know where I can get a smoke test done in the Castle Rock area?
                              start with the stomp test to isolate some problems. If you don't get anything search around for high idle on some forums or other DIY threads. theres got to be one with your same problem
                              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Just got home from Africa. It was awesome. You guys move quick and I am too lazy to read all the old posts. Ben sold his car, David has ASTz seems like the only cool info anyways.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X