This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
    We didn't intend to do that. We were changing a fuel filter and expected a few drips of fuel and it gushed and that was the closest thing. It didn't even occur to us.
    Ever hear of line clamps? LOL.

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
    I am getting an alignment today now that I have the coilovers straightened out. My question is should i get it done with max camber, min camber, or does it even matter. Sorry if that is a stupid question. Because I change the camber around on the car between race and DD, i dont care if i go to a place that can set that for me.
    My thoughts are that no camber would be better, but then again the back of my mind says that it shouldn'y matter if they cannot change it anyways.
    align at 0 toe, min camber. then when you get to the event, max the camber out which will give you toe out as well and makes the car turn in really well.

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
    Camber isn't really an issue, toe is your enemy
    false. camber will kill tires, camber+toe will tires really fast.

Comment

We, used clamps, I just don't own line clamps. How do you do the stomp test? I have never been able to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
        Ever hear of line clamps? LOL.
        We had the lines clamped but there is fuel in the filter that you can't prevent from coming out lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          We had the lines clamped but there is fuel in the filter that you can't prevent from coming out lol
          Line clamp on the front line, line clamp on the rear, disconnect one end and let it drain into a cup, connect the new filter to the disconnected line, disconnect the other end of the old one and drain it, connect the new filter asap, and and bleed the fuel rail. Easy as pie. ;)

Comment

You're wrong Roland, Eric nailed it. Exactly what I would have said if I weren't posting from my phone

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Line clamp on the front line, line clamp on the rear, disconnect one end and let it drain into a cup, connect the new filter to the disconnected line, disconnect the other end of the old one and drain it, connect the new filter asap, and and bleed the fuel rail. Easy as pie. ;)
              That's what we did...except our cup happened to be a styrofoam Chick-fil-a cup which we, very quickly, traded for a coffee can

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                Just got home from Africa. It was awesome. You guys move quick and I am too lazy to read all the old posts. Ben sold his car, David has ASTz seems like the only cool info anyways.
                Nice! Pictures nao!

You're wrong Roland, Eric nailed it. Exactly what I would have said if I weren't posting from my phone
                +1. Camber won't kill tires unless you're running 3.5-4 degrees on the street. 2-3 isn't unreasonable, the toe is what kills them.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

um. nope. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    +1. Camber won't kill tires unless you're running 3.5-4 degrees on the street. 2-3 isn't unreasonable, the toe is what kills them.
                    I ran 3.0 with 0 toe, and my tires wore on the insides bad enough that I had to flip them at one point. Ben's dunlops did too. Don't pretend like I didn't see them.

Comment

I ran 3.0 with 0 toe, and my tires wore on the insides bad enough that I had to flip them at one point. Ben's dunlops did too. Don't pretend like I didn't see them.
                      Ben's dunlops were on an E30, which can't be adjusted for toe in the rear, which is the side the dead tires came from.

Running -3 won't kill tires unreasonably quickly, but yea, they will wear the inside edges more-- simple geometry.

Toe kills tires an order of magnitude faster than camber does.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        Ben's dunlops were on an E30, which can't be adjusted for toe in the rear, which is the side the dead tires came from.
                        all four tires had camber wear at one point...

Running -3 won't kill tires unreasonably quickly, but yea, they will wear the inside edges more-- simple geometry.
                        over 4k miles on a sticky tire they will. that's unreasonable to me, but if you don't mind replacing your rubber every 4k miles, that might be reasonable to you... idk. matter of perspective.

Toe kills tires an order of magnitude faster than camber does.
                        Yes... like I said earlier:

camber will kill tires, camber+toe will kill tires really fast.
                        you're talking in circles.

Comment

holy crap kids.... you all argue about the dumbest crap....

and to dive right in, in my personal experience, camber does wears the tires unevenly, and therefore more quickly, since wear is more concentrated, no matter how perfect your toe is. Every time you are not driving straight, the same physical phenomenon is happening to your tires that happens when driving straight with excessive toe.

either way, simple logic:

1. I got toe alignment at SCR to perfect 0 degrees toe.
                          2. My tires wore to the belts exclusively on the inside edges on all four corners.
                          3. And no profit was had.

yeesh.

Comment

stomp test. turn key to position 1 so check light is the only light on and flashing.

depress gas pedal to the floor and all the way off 5 times in four seconds.
                            wait.
                            a light will start flashing. flash pause flash pause flash pause long pause is the number 3. It flashes in codes of 4 digits. it will repeat forever. youre looking for flash code 1444 i think signaling no error, look up the other codes it outputs
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Ok, I was trying in position 2, that's the problem. Thanks!

Comment

If its not vacuum I would bet TPS, ICV, or the like. Mine turned out to be a bad ECU coolant temp sensor.
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X