X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    So...sell M5, keep M3, be happy.

caution: I don't have a rational mind at the moment.
    I may just do that. But nothings being sold until the M5 drives again.

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
    Roland,

how much are you asking for the m3??
    More than market value

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    That picture is ancient... from the day I bought the car.

Comment

^ That picture is awesome. Love the new sig too. Reminds me of this:

Rocking my long hair and VW Type II
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Just to clarify... you guys would drive this over an E30?
        Originally posted by joshw02
        Nice, did the saturn interior swap I see.
        Originally posted by Ian Bowers
        If we ever get in a BMW fight with Norway, you're our best hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
          ^ That picture is awesome. Love the new sig too. Reminds me of this:

Rocking my long hair and VW Type II
          :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by gmyers395 View Post

Just to clarify... you guys would drive this over an E30?
            I would, the Abarth 500 model under warranty, that is.

Comment

I have so much in common with the last couple pages. I need to finish my college so I can get a high paying job and a 911 GT3 RS (the grey and red one) too. The flood gates of the pilot shortage are going to open soon too. Get your shit Roland!

I'm deep in my love affair with the E30. I picked it over the M Coupe twice today. I'm over having a car payment. And enjoy driving the slow car fast way more than the fast car slow. For HPR the choice is the M Coupe hands down.

Back to the E30 - I think the shocks I bought are near blown, and my jammed sunroof and no A/C get older with each day that is gets warmer. That said I'm stoked to DD the E30!

My next car will be a 1964 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII . It's red, completely disassembled, and relatively low mileage. I've been patiently waiting for when the relative who owns it is finally ready to let it go.

Adam - my phone has been dead for hours so I can't text you back. I've never heard about anyone using the AA DME for the S54. I've never had the desire to do any S54 mods because of the collectability of the M Coupe. The only thing might be a Shark flash, but sport mode works just fine for me. I've also always thought that the S54 was pretty well tuned. I would see what people on E46Fanatics have to say about it.
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Well I guess this is the way I look at it. I would much rather put 30k or however much into my e30 than buy a new car for the same amount. With that much money you could make an e30 that is as fast and handles about as well as any car out there. And in my opinion there aren't many cars out there that look better than an e30. And I am in love with the fact that my car is 24 years old and everything in it still works.
                Originally posted by joshw02
                Nice, did the saturn interior swap I see.
                Originally posted by Ian Bowers
                If we ever get in a BMW fight with Norway, you're our best hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                  I have so much in common with the last couple pages. I need to finish my college so I can get a high paying job and a 911 GT3 RS (the grey and red one) too. The flood gates of the pilot shortage are going to open soon too. Get your shit Roland!
                  I'm trying, I'm trying! It takes so freaking long though! :(

I'm deep in my love affair with the E30. I picked it over the M Coupe twice today. I'm over having a car payment. And enjoy driving the slow car fast way more than the fast car slow.
                  That's why I drive my volvo everywhere. I can drive it to 11/10ths and still not get ticketed... can't do that in the M3... wish I had your E30 though... that thing is CLEEAAAANNNNN and probably one of the best non-M examples I've driven.

Car payments are ftl, and also why I kinda want to pay my flying endeavors in cash...

For HPR the choice is the M Coupe hands down.
                  No doubt.

Comment

FWIW, the best tune on the market for a stock S54 is the Epic Motorsports tune sold via Bimmerworld. Guys are making ~350whp with nothing more than headers, freeflow exhaust, and a 3.5" intake.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by gmyers395 View Post
                      Well I guess this is the way I look at it. I would much rather put 30k or however much into my e30 than buy a new car for the same amount. With that much money you could make an e30 that is as fast and handles about as well as any car out there. And in my opinion there aren't many cars out there that look better than an e30. And I am in love with the fact that my car is 24 years old and everything in it still works.
                      Eh, price an E36 and drive one. It WILL change your opinion. A stock 95 E36 with suspension mods (aka TCKline coils) will blow an S52 E30 with the works (GC, 5 lug, etc) out of the water on track and on autocross. They really do handle amazingly better. E30s are fun, and I enjoyed mine, but my E36 is better in every single way.

You frankly cannot make an E30 handle as well as an E36, nor be as good a performance car without spending MORE money than a good condition E36 M3. Trust me on this, I bought an E36 because my E30 would not do what I needed it to do.

E30s are great, but newer cars blast them out of the water.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Drive a GOOD E36.... there are a ton of junk ones out there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                          FWIW, the best tune on the market for a stock S54 is the Epic Motorsports tune sold via Bimmerworld. Guys are making ~350whp with nothing more than headers, freeflow exhaust, and a 3.5" intake.
                          He'd have to do rod bearings though... :/

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                            epic.
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                              Drive a GOOD E36.... there are a ton of junk ones out there too.
                              Yup. Drive mine around HPR. It WILL cause you to rethink your spending priorities on your E30, and my M3 has essentially stock power levels.

Words cannot say how much happier I am having spent the same money on an E36 vs spending it on my E30 to be similar performance-wise. Sorry to say....but it really is true. Goddamn do I love that car.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                                He'd have to do rod bearings though... :/
                                troof. Still, guys are getting 330whp out of the stock S54 with stock exhaust.

INSANE.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X