X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maryland Drive FTW!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. We love the open spaces, skylights, big windows, and the big landscaped yard. I hope we get it. Months of looking and tons of houses looked at turned up very little.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Nice Brad! I know that neighborhood well, good place to live.

Comment

Nice house! Looks incredibly well kept. What year is it, oh and the red door is cool! Adds a nice splash of color.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
            What year is it, oh and the red door is cool! Adds a nice splash of color.
            Yeah, except it needs moar low and an iS lip...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              <---- Trying to buy a house. Let's hope they take our offer!
              very nice Brad hope they accept your offer, we actually get ours by the end of the month, been waiting for three long FUCKING months!!!!
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
              " enjoy the show "

Comment

Nice house! Looks incredibly well kept. What year is it, oh and the red door is cool! Adds a nice splash of color.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Yeah, except it needs moar low and an iS lip...
                Lol

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                very nice Brad hope they accept your offer, we actually get ours by the end of the month, been waiting for three long FUCKING months!!!!
                Oh wow that sucks. I hope everything else goes smoothly for you. Hopefully we will have good luck.

Comment

What is y'all's opinion on the E34? I have the ix and have been contemplating doing coilovers on it, but I am not sure of it's ability to be a good track, hpde, autox, etc. car. I have always liked the E34 and after looking on craigslist and bimmerforums, it looks like you can pick up a 540i with a 6speed pretty cheap. Would this be better than an ix?

Comment

What is y'all's opinion on the E34? I have the ix and have been contemplating doing coilovers on it, but I am not sure of it's ability to be a good track, hpde, autox, etc. car. I have always liked the E34 and after looking on craigslist and bimmerforums, it looks like you can pick up a 540i with a 6speed pretty cheap. Would this be better than an ix?
                    As a track car, not really. E34s are heavy boats with really slow steering and a rear suspension as bad as an E30.

Honestly, if you want a good track/autox/hpde car, either use your E30 and keep it stock (!!!) or get a cheap rwd E30 or E36 to build on. E36 is the better starting platform for performance use, unless you do what Mike Akard did and convert an E30 to use E36 front and rear suspension properly (read: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

A 535i is your best bet. They are nice cars. With a decent suspension they still handle good, even with their weight. M30 sounds amazing with some exhaust work.

Comment

Better for a DD? Track only car? What specifically are you wanting to know

EDIT: Late to the party... Back to looking at tires and a slip yoke eliminator so i can take off this sheisty transfer case drop

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                        Originally posted by DTM190
                        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

The E34 535i would be a better track car than the iX by a long shot. So would my M5.... ;)

The E34 540i/6 isn't worth the time of day imho, and the 525i wouldn't be too fun on the track... if you want a great, cheap, track car, buy an E36 325iS/328iS.

Comment

I would love your M5!

I want something rwd. I want to have fun with that. I know Nando autox's the ix, but I kinda want to keep it stock. Why isn't the 540 any good? I know the engine has leaks pretty often, but if they were fixed would it still be bad? If I go e36 I want an M3, but they were more than double most 540's. If it were an E30, it would have to be swapped. I want something to start out with. I read somewhere that E34 and E36 chasiss weigh the same, it is the E34 lux stuff that makes it heavy.

Comment

I would love your M5!

I want something rwd. I want to have fun with that. I know Nando autox's the ix, but I kinda want to keep it stock. Why isn't the 540 any good? I know the engine has leaks pretty often, but if they were fixed would it still be bad? If I go e36 I want an M3, but they were more than double most 540's. If it were an E30, it would have to be swapped. I want something to start out with. I read somewhere that E34 and E36 chasiss weigh the same, it is the E34 lux stuff that makes it heavy.
                              540s are still E34s, which don't have good chassis dynamics, are huge, and are slow.

You don't NEED an E36 M3. My buddy Garrett has a 92 325is that has a bone stock m50 non vanos, and is way faster on track than many people in E36 and E46 M3s. I would get a non-M E36, and then when you do want more power, it's a joke to swap in an M3 motor or an S54.

Best of both worlds: excellent chassis, incredible aftermarket support, cheap, reliable, and amazing track car. You don't need an M car for a track car, a non-M is a PERFECT starting point.

I wouldn't bother with an E30 track car, for the same money and prep an E36 will drive circles around it. Keep your E30 as a fun DD, build a track/weekend E36.

(I went down this exact same path as you are thinking)
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That is kinda my thought at this point. On the M3 vs. non-m, I know I don't need that extra power, but I honestly would rather have it than a regular e36. Honestly, I like the way the e30 looks a lot better, the M3 is really the only version of the e36 I like. It is mostly the body parts that do so, but also, It will be years before I have the space to do an engine swap. It isn't the power that I want, I tend to drive quite slow and granny shift at 3k or less rpms.

Comment

Working...
                                X