Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lines, reman'd calipers, allen head bolt to hold the rotor, new studs / lug bolts?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Do I really need new lines and calipers?

Comment

Prolly not, it's car specific.... Inspect em at least, and the oldbrake pads

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          Prolly not, it's car specific.... Inspect em at least, and the oldbrake pads
          Alright thanks.

Comment

If the pads are wearing kinda unevenly, then the calipers may need to be rebuilt cause it may be sticking a tad. I have a set for all 4 corners that never got used too I could send / sell ya depending what calipers you have

Comment

thats a good deal on the e23!

just got some new pads myself today
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

caliper rebuild is pretty easy. The rebuild kit is WAAAAAY cheaper than re-man'd calipers.

Comment

For an e30 it might not be a big deal..... I did a reman'd on the Jeep already cause they wanted like $8 for a rebuild kit, or the old core +$20 for one with all new seals, hardware, piston, and it was like new looking OEM.... To me, that $12 was well spent to just unbolt the thing and bolt the new one on.

Comment

My rebuilt calipers were around $30 give or take. It was worth it to me to replace them and not deal with rebuilds. Much better quality then just replacing a piston and some seals. They properly ultrasonic clean them, make sure the bore surfaces are perfect, etc.

Honestly, if you have the extra cash I would do an entire brake rebuild. Mine didn't even *need* it, but the car brakes much better with a nearly all new system.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      caliper rebuild is pretty easy. The rebuild kit is WAAAAAY cheaper than re-man'd calipers.
                      Really depends on how much you value your time. rebuilt e36m3 calipers are $80, and oem rebuild kits list at $40. for an e30 the difference is much less, if a rebuilt caliper is$30 and a kit is $10.....rebuilding them yourself is just not worth the time it takes. $20extra to bolt/unbolt? Sold.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Going to be swapping the dash in that m50 e30 m3 that was swooped from y'all. Will give verdict on the car and owner in a few days.
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          Going to be swapping the dash in that m50 e30 m3 that was swooped from y'all. Will give verdict on the car and owner in a few days.
                          We already know all we need to know about the owner. Let us know about the car though, I know the interior is ripped and it needs serious body work. That said, I found a better deal on an E30 M3 anyway, so I'll let that guy try to flip that shitbox. ;)

Comment

For those that haven't seen. Guten road trip stopping in Colorado.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217883

Comment

^ I saw that, too bad Lambo already left and I am leaving this afternoon.

Comment

That's fine, I will get all the free stuff then :)

Comment

Working...
                                X