Awesome!

what was the issue?

also... sounds like a Duramax....

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
      Awesome!

what was the issue?

also... sounds like a Duramax....
      I had assumed the fuel line was a return line, but it was the feed, so I had them backwards. Swapped them around and it fired right up. I know, it does have a hole in the exhaust so that may have part to do with the duramax sound lol. Unfortunately I may have to replace the clutch as it would not go into gear. I will try to bleed the system and get some clutch feel maybe monday. It has 24# injectors and so it runs a bit rich. The throttle thing I found out is an idle stop and it made the car idle at 2000 on first start up. That video is about 750 RPM. Not sure if the rings just need to be seated or what, but I'm pretty sure it is white smoke. Here is the by product of the first 2000 RPM start up, strong smell of CO2

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Hey guys. Been a while, but I'm still here. Anyways, the a/c is being removed cause I never use it and it weighs a bit. The R12, Lines, dryer can, and compressor are all out. All that is left is the condenser and condenser fan. My question is, to remove them, is it easier remove the radiator or the front bumper. I kinda hit that wall today and then just called it quits and watched football.
        If it helps your suggestion, I detached the condenser from the fan and both from the frame/radiator (aka they are kinda resting in their spot).
        On that note, I will soon have all the parts from a 100% well working R12 system if anyone needs.

1989 325i Alpine White
        69 STX

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          I had assumed the fuel line was a return line, but it was the feed, so I had them backwards. Swapped them around and it fired right up. I know, it does have a hole in the exhaust so that may have part to do with the duramax sound lol. Unfortunately I may have to replace the clutch as it would not go into gear. I will try to bleed the system and get some clutch feel maybe monday. It has 24# injectors and so it runs a bit rich. The throttle thing I found out is an idle stop and it made the car idle at 2000 on first start up. That video is about 750 RPM. Not sure if the rings just need to be seated or what, but I'm pretty sure it is white smoke. Here is the by product of the first 2000 RPM start up, strong smell of CO2

Nice! Crossed fuel lines is always the first thing I check for, as I've crossed them before myself.

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
          Hey guys. Been a while, but I'm still here. Anyways, the a/c is being removed cause I never use it and it weighs a bit. The R12, Lines, dryer can, and compressor are all out. All that is left is the condenser and condenser fan. My question is, to remove them, is it easier remove the radiator or the front bumper. I kinda hit that wall today and then just called it quits and watched football.
          If it helps your suggestion, I detached the condenser from the fan and both from the frame/radiator (aka they are kinda resting in their spot).
          On that note, I will soon have all the parts from a 100% well working R12 system if anyone needs.
          I usually take off the bumper, but that's on the E36...

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
            I removed my radiator to take that stuff out, but I have an M42 with tons of room in front of the motor...

Also, if you remove your bumper and valence, it is super easy to get to the AC stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              Also, if you remove your bumper and valence, it is super easy to get to the AC stuff....
              This, I just did it last week.
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                IT LIVES!!

Congrats! It does sound awfully Dieselly. LOL
                '88 iX Money Pit/Labor of Love

Comment

I didn't remove the bumper or the radiator to get the condenser/fan off. I just pushed the radiator back a little bit and it was enough to wiggle them out.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by wh00sh View Post
                    Congrats! It does sound awfully Dieselly. LOL
                    SURPRISE! 324dx lololol

How cool would that be, though?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Checked out the Aurora and Denver U Pull & Pays Saturday, and found a 1985 4 door E30 325i in the Denver one. Premium sound system (rear speakers still in the car & in decent shape), tan sport seats, and a bunch of parts left. Looks like it hasn't been super picked over yet, if anyone needs parts! I grabbed the power steering bracket, sunroof crank assembly, washer T-valve, and headlight switch. While I was there, a dude pulled the guibo, too.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Anybody know how much a NASA HPDE/TT costs?
                        Typically $xxx.xx or so for both days; not including tech costs and other details.

- Erik
                        Last edited by bluefox280; 01-15-2012, 03:42 PM.
                        Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Err, no.

Typically $180 for one day or $300-$330 for a weekend.
                          Chris
                          97 M3
                          01 325
                          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Thanks Chris! I had old / bad info.
                            Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Maximum downforce, yo.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Jesus, who thought that was a good idea? That truck should be put out of its misery.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X