This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boosted_E30 View Post
    Who all snowboards on here? I got an awesome shot of me riding from Thurs at A-basin with my GoPro!

Sweet shot! I am a skier. Or at least I attempt to be one.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I ride, occasionally.

Matt, I think that was the 318i on BF.c/Craigslist.

Comment

Used to ski a lot, then 2x knee injuries in 6wk greatly limited it.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          Used to ski a lot, then 2x knee injuries in 6wk greatly limited it.
          I used to be a skier like you, but then I took a ski pole to the knee.

lololololol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Anyone have experience with E39 M5 bumpers? Its time to spend some money on the wagon, so I bought new wheels, Bilstein sports, and H&R sports (front only, rears are air bags). What I also want to do is add M5 bumpers front and rear. Rear is only available as a factory part for the wagon (from 540 m sport wagon), but there seems to be a bunch of aftermarket fronts. Are any of them good? or should I just shell out for the factory bumper? If its not 100% perfect fit, I'd just prefer and buy an oem one. Any suggestions on where to get painted? I've used Nylunds before, and was disapointed, and used Murray before and was happy, but pretty pricey. I might also get the hood redone while i'm at it.

Pics of new wheels:

Not my favorite wheels, but price was right with tires.

Comment

Go to SVE auto body for the paint work.

Comment

Were those the ones that were on craigslist for a while?

I remember 10 years ago, those things were hot commodities! They are still great looking wheels, but I think it's funny how style changes over time.
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Were those the ones that were on craigslist for a while?

I remember 10 years ago, those things were hot commodities! They are still great looking wheels, but I think it's funny how style changes over time.
                  Nope, they werent local. I also loved them 10 years ago. I remember the first set I saw on an E34. Was hoping to go BBS CH or RGR, but was probably going to cost me $3K+ vs a $1k for these with tires. They suit the E39 pretty nice, and I can spend the rest on bumpers.

Comment

Yes, they fit the E34 and E39 nicely. They also look great on E36's and E30 M3's. It's just funny that 10 years ago they were unobtainable at $1500 for real BMW ones, and now the guy on craigslist can't get rid of them at $900!

Comment

Ian - Get an OEM front bumper. The aftermarket ones are garbage. Also, SVE is ftw on paintwork.

Comment

Got the wheels on tonight. They look better than I remember! Will look better yet with the lower suspension. Might wait till end of march to put on. Also got to put the snows back on now that I satisfied myself with a test fit. Might have to try them on the m3 too.

I figured as much on the bumpers. Bav sells complete oem kits with all the bits so prob will order from there. Might go mtech grill instead of the m5 mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
                          Got the wheels on tonight. They look better than I remember! Will look better yet with the lower suspension. Might wait till end of march to put on. Also got to put the snows back on now that I satisfied myself with a test fit. Might have to try them on the m3 too.

I figured as much on the bumpers. Bav sells complete oem kits with all the bits so prob will order from there. Might go mtech grill instead of the m5 mesh.
                          The Mtech grill looks awesome on tourings.

Comment

Anybody want a free set of E28 cloth comfort seats?

Comment

Anyone here at the Nevada Costco in the springs tonite in a late AW iX?
                              '88 iX Money Pit/Labor of Love

Comment

Originally posted by wh00sh View Post
                                Anyone here at the Nevada Costco in the springs tonite in a late AW iX?
                                might be my roommate he works at the liquor store in costco.

hes got a stock 90 iX with weaves lol
                                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X