Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Johnson's dedication to the E30 M3 is amazing, that car is so well developed, and he continues to engineer stuff for it. I think he is one the biggest reasons I got into E30's in the first place, I remember reading about all the group a stuff back when I was in high school. The A.V.P car is crazy fast, and seems to stay pretty competitive in the races they compete in.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
      So with F1 testing, who is planning on going to the Austin GP if it actually happens? We have at least 4 of us going. We aren't sure if we are flying or doing a road trip with a camper. The more people the better!
      If I have money, I will be there.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
        John Johnson's dedication to the E30 M3 is amazing, that car is so well developed, and he continues to engineer stuff for it. I think he is one the biggest reasons I got into E30's in the first place, I remember reading about all the group a stuff back when I was in high school. The A.V.P car is crazy fast, and seems to stay pretty competitive in the races they compete in.
        Yeah, I have mixed feelings about him! haha. In person, he is a very nice guy, but he is 100% engineer and often a bit like Sheldon Cooper socially. Also many of his parts are made by moufong, or Martin not him. John is driven by money and pushes these products. If you noticed he always says "we" or "us" when doing stuff, this is usually because it's not his development. Not saying he doesn't have a hand in it, just that he has less that I used to think he did.

Martin from MAXX on the other hand is a SUPER nice guy, a great family man and a gigantic E30 enthusiast.
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Cloudbase, this is for you! http://www.wimp.com/scenicgermany/

Comment

I always knew John was just the front of the business. I have heard lots of good things about Martin but he doesn't seem to be active on the web. It is to bad when people get tainted with the pursuit of money, regardless Johns m3 is something to strive for and I would love to go out on a couple of laps

Comment

Yeah, Martin is a super busy guy. I believe he's an electrical engineer for Seimens and moonlights with the MAXX stuff.

Quick story: He installed a prototype carbon airbox in my 3.8L M5 along with a maxx alpha-n. About 3 weeks after I got the car back, it died on me out of nowhere. I checked the usuals and decided that something went wrong with the newly installed alpha-n system. So I give Martin a call and he goes over the usuals with me, and again nothing. About an hour later I get a call from Martin saying he's outside the gate to look at the car! He brings some tools and a freekin electrical diagram from BMW the size of my engine bay. He said he got it from some engineer friends at BMW AG... this thing was seriously cool, and i've never seen another like it.

After about an hour in the dark with me holding the flashlight and him checking and rechecking everything we realized that it had nothing to do with the MAXX box, or his install, but the cam sensor on the front of my engine had gone bad! Martin refused any compensation, not even letting me buy him dinner for the 4 hours I wasted of his evening. Really a great guy.

Comment

VANOS rebuild help!

Chris, I know you have done this, but where would one go to get rebuild parts for the VANOS system on an M62?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Cloudbase, this is for you! http://www.wimp.com/scenicgermany/

Ha, I posted that one on my Facebook a couple days ago. Awesome!!!
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    Chris, I know you have done this, but where would one go to get rebuild parts for the VANOS system on an M62?
                    Shouldn't need to rebuild the VANOS on an M62, they don't fail like the M5X ones do.

Comment

What I've been up to the past week:

It all started in San Francisco International Airport back in October. I was on what we in the industry call an "airport appreciation break...

Cliffs

Spent all Friday last week battling the blizzard to bring these home.

Two Questions.

Does anyone have any trustworthy family or friends in the Raleigh Durham, NC area that wants to make $50?

Does anyone have access to dealer tag? It's to bring my TR6 home. It will be insured by JC Taylor.
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                        What I've been up to the past week:

It all started in San Francisco International Airport back in October. I was on what we in the industry call an "airport appreciation break...

Cliffs

Spent all Friday last week battling the blizzard to bring these home.

Two Questions.

Does anyone have any trustworthy family or friends in the Raleigh Durham, NC area that wants to make $50?

Does anyone have access to dealer tag? It's to bring my TR6 home. It will be insured by JC Taylor.
                        I like your blog!
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Does anyone know of a trustworthy shop in the Loveland area that can pressure check/resurface heads of an M60?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                            Does anyone know of a trustworthy shop in the Loveland area that can pressure check/resurface heads of an M60?

Thanks
                            US Automotive. They did my head.

Loveland Colorado’s Premier Machine Shop Your satisfaction guaranteed! With decades of experience satisfied customers by the masses. We reside at the top of our game. Engine rebuilds, Full machine shop, Dyno tune and testing so you can understand what the
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yep, Jeff at US Automotive. They do all our machine work.
                              Chris
                              97 M3
                              01 325
                              Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Cool, approx how much would it run me per head to check for cracks and flatness? How much to plane the head if it needed it? (most likely not as head and block are both aluminum)

Comment

Working...
                                X